Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 6,137 posts
    • Time Online: 275d 45m 20s
  • Team:Who needs one

300px-DrewestheUnseenDruid-SHSP-JP-R.png

Dark Spellcaster Lv 4 1800/0

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 DARK monster with either 0 ATK or DEF in your Graveyard, except "Drewes the Unseen Druid"; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position. Its effects are negated. You can only use the effect of "Drewes the Unseen Druid" once per turn.

Man, I'm excited for this guy. Sure he has the same normal summon, summon a level 4 from the grave that so many monsters these days have, but what I like about this guy is of course the decks he supports. First off, he has a nice base 1800 atk which is pretty good and has that 0 def for Recurring Nightmare and supports his buddy Chamenleon really well. Add in just a negate eff and only once per turn (which is pretty useless but if it prevents other restrictions go ahead and add it) for his cost and you got a pretty decent card.

Now these cards are only good as their support, and this guy has quite a bit of it still. First he has got the obvious targets in Umbral which allows even more dark Xyz and is a recurring target, just great right there along with his buddy Chamen (which I'll mention alot since they share requirements) and allows for that normal summon King feral imp. Then you also got GoZombies with 2 main targets in Ghost and Master and again allows for just a simple +0 Xyz summon unlike master and his discard or Oni needing an Xyz. Though since this dude doesn't stop other special summons you can Mezuki/Book of Life an Oni and get another Xyz off that initial one (most likely chain or Feral). Definitely has some benefits that Chamen can't provide.

Now I think my personal favourite use for this guy would be in Crashbugs. That's because it allows for a nice rank 4 engine with a dead Super (who also becomes a nice 3000 wall if you don't use Xyz). And since your probably running a Creeping Darkness for your supers in the first place you got this guy as another target versus just streetpatrols and your millers.

So this is probably one of my favourite cards out of the new set and just can't wait for him to get onto DN.

Edited by Geminia999, 19 July 2013 - 08:07 AM.

DbOfRaW.jpg

theamatuer

theamatuer

lawyering pro

• Veteran Members
  • 2,671 posts
    • Time Online: 147d 7h 18m 19s
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/albert.zhou1
  • Team:TLCK

300px-DrewestheUnseenDruid-SHSP-JP-OP.pn

Dark Spellcaster Lv 4 1800/0

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 DARK monster with either 0 ATK or DEF in your Graveyard, except "Drewes the Unseen Druid"; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position. Its effects are negated. You can only use the effect of "Drewes the Unseen Druid" once per turn.

Man, I'm excited for this guy. Sure he has the same normal summon, summon a level 4 from the grave that so many monsters these days have, but what I like about this guy is of course the decks he supports. First off, he has a nice base 1800 atk which is pretty good and has that 0 def for Recurring Nightmare and supports his buddy Chamenleon really well. Add in just a negate eff and only once per turn (which is pretty useless but if it prevents other restrictions go ahead and add it) for his cost and you got a pretty decent card.

Now these cards are only good as their support, and this guy has quite a bit of it still. First he has got the obvious targets in Umbral which allows even more dark Xyz and is a recurring target, just great right there along with his buddy Chamen (which I'll mention alot since they share requirements) and allows for that normal summon King feral imp. Then you also got GoZombies with 2 main targets in Ghost and Master and again allows for just a simple +0 Xyz summon unlike master and his discard or Oni needing an Xyz. Though since this dude doesn't stop other special summons you can Mezuki/Book of Life an Oni and get another Xyz off that initial one (most likely chain or Feral). Definitely has some benefits that Chamen can't provide.

Now I think my personal favourite use for this guy would be in Crashbugs. That's because it allows for a nice rank 4 engine with a dead Super (who also becomes a nice 3000 wall if you don't use Xyz). And since your probably running a Creeping Darkness for your supers in the first place you got this guy as another target versus just streetpatrols and your millers.

So this is probably one of my favourite cards out of the new set and just can't wait for him to get onto DN.

this card is awesome in umbrals.  Its dark, so unlike chamenleon it makes 66 for safe zone/ EEV shenanigans.

I'm not sure about super crashbugs, its summoning requirement kinda hints against it being used as a rank 4 engine.  It seems to work better as a beatstick by itself

Vehement Bujin User since thier reveal

FOR THE GLORY OF SATAN CLAUS

team The Last Crimson Knights [TLCK] is recruiting.  Apply here!

http://forum.dueling...lk-to-the-hand/  Fear the hand control

! Gold Paladin

! Gold Paladin

★ Zero-maX ★

• 3,041 posts
    • Time Online: 86d 7h 47m 53s
  • Location:climbing up your window and stealing your card games

the either attack or defense being zero makes it more interesting.

Having easier number 66 access is nice.Steelswarms can make use of it and it can fit my meklord and orc deck.

tumblr_lxfllcPuSs1qjnvkbo1_250.gif

ah3dNO2.jpg

Know your yugioh abbreviations http://forum.dueling...-abbreviations/

MrMcThrasher

MrMcThrasher

Reign In Blood

• Veteran Members
  • 4,007 posts
    • Time Online: 64d 1h 12m 42s
  • Team:[BOB] Band Of Brothers

This card might actually make Umbralis into a deck that can compete and win.  They already had two Debris Dragon and three Chamenleon, but now, more than ever, will have an awesome XYZ engine.

f3aHfUG.gif

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 6,137 posts

this card is awesome in umbrals.  Its dark, so unlike chamenleon it makes 66 for safe zone/ EEV shenanigans.

I'm not sure about super crashbugs, its summoning requirement kinda hints against it being used as a rank 4 engine.  It seems to work better as a beatstick by itself

Well since Super will have it's eff negated and is the grave it isn't doing anything besides waiting to be revived. Why not use it for Xyz?

DbOfRaW.jpg

TheGimmick

TheGimmick

Wyrm Civilization

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
    • Time Online: 214d 12h 18m 54s
  • Team:I am a one-man show.

Well since Super will have it's eff negated and is the grave it isn't doing anything besides waiting to be revived. Why not use it for Xyz?

I think theameteur meant to say hits it in a level four engine. Think about it, you need three level 3 monsters in the grave to originally sumoon this bad boy super crashbug. Kind of discordant in a deck that focuses on one level, so you would have to make a pretty complicated rank 3 and 4 deck to make supercrashbug and drewes work together. Maybe when box of friends is confirmed.

Short version: it works but does not make a great deck as of now.

Click on a card to learn about their archetype!

ShcPAG3.jpghWS5lPF.pngqA5W3s1.png

Burn Project: Join the Anarchy (we have muffins.)

275px-TremendousFire-TF04-EN-VG.jpg

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 6,137 posts

Oh yeah since I don't think anyone mentioned this (and I kinda want to bump the topic) one card Master Key Beetle which is fairly popular these days.

DbOfRaW.jpg

Gabriel 95

Gabriel 95

Burst Linker

• 717 posts
    • Time Online: 57d 15h 57m 34s

So Umbralis now have 8 1-card xyzs...interesting...

H5cBi7W.jpg

DMaster2

DMaster2

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 6,518 posts
    • Time Online: 121d 17h 17m 53s

This card is very very good in umbralis. On paper it's also good on steelswarms, problem is i don't really find the deck space for him. Too many things to run...

Bring Heavy Storm back TCG!

Many archetypes deserve more support -> http://forum.dueling...ng-2013-update/

My Elemental Spirit archetype (from nwn2) -> http://forum.dueling...ting-archetype/

BGMaxie

BGMaxie

Black Darkness Noble

• Veteran Members
  • 2,259 posts
    • Time Online: 195d 19h 36m 58s
  • Team:[SoS] Shadows of Silence

Umbralis and Steelswarm will love this guy with a passion, and I too for that part will love to use him with Umbralis.

Pandora-1.png

blackmanface.jpgpandoraface.pngamarok-face.jpg

My Card Creations:
0 Stat Set: http://forum.dueling...l=immateriality

My Barian Archetype Deck: http://forum.dueling...imate-xyz-deck/

Vampire Support: http://forum.dueling...ow/?hl=vampires

T3RCX

T3RCX

It's just T

• Ruling Guru
  • 1,108 posts
    • Time Online: 23d 18h 29m 44s
  • Youtube:t3rcx

I will take out 1 of 2 Stygian Street Patrols to run 1 of these in Steelswarm.  Main Xyz play is probably Lavalval Chain, but if Ophion is out then Key Beetle, or else any generic situational Rank 4 to deal with generic situations.  Also, you can nab Caller and swap him with Infestation Infection if you need something else.

Also I wonder if this card would make an Ultimate Offering/Double Summon build more viable... you could even get Longhorn out of it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Level 4, Dark, Normal summon Xyz, Rank 4, Wolfberk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.