Photo

Touhoumon: You got your 2hus in my Pokemans. You got your Pokemans in my 2hus.

• Please log in to reply
712 replies to this topic

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

• Preferred Name:VA

Touhoumon_World_Link.png

So I was bored and looking for a game to play, and I figured I'd revisit this fun classic.

What is Touhoumon? Touhoumon is a crossover Rom hack of Emerald. It combines Touhou and Pokemon to make something truly beautiful. If you want to play Touhoumon, there's a link to download it and the emulator down at the bottom of this post. I'll throw in a link to a Touhoumon Dex and a list of where to find every Touhoumon as well.

If you're a fan of Touhou, you'll love the fact that all Pokemon have been replaced by Touhou characters. Hell, if you only like Pokemon, it's still worth a play since it sort of refreshes Pokemon Emerald. It's difficult at first due to having to learn the types of all the Touhou characters and because some of the gym leaders are a bit tougher, but you'll get used to it. 

Screenshots:
2_zps6cbaf894.png3_zps94296ed8.png1_zps91c42f1a.png

So, discuss this great Rom hack. If you play it discuss your progression through the game, you're teams of choice, anything you found particularly challenging, ect, ect. Just so long as it has something to do with Pokemon or Touhou, have at it.

Links:

World Link version ROM download: http://www.mediafire...World_v1.42.rar

Another World version ROM download: http://www.mediafire...72l53kmwcxh1w7h

Touhoumon Dex: http://worldlink.wik.../wiki/Touhoudex

Need more Touhou? Then why not check this out?

Touhouvania: What is a Touhou? A fantastic little pile of youkai. But enough talkā€¦ Have at you!  

Edited by ViolentAnemia, 04 March 2014 - 11:37 PM.

Sorreah182

Sorreah182

Elite Member

it's challenging that's for sure. I am on a whole new learning curb as to what works on what, but I am a happy camper~ I got a marisa  and reimu on my team (getting a hardy marisa took forever, even though I prefer quirky, whatever, I got a decent nature) 

I wish I knew about the locator like two days ago, but whatever, I am getting my team together finally~ thanks for this anemia~ 

edit: I want a tenshi :P

PPS: You didn't mention the music tracks are amazing. some original pokemon music is in there, but some really great touhou tracks are in there too. I love the music in this @_@

Edited by Sorreah182, 30 May 2013 - 12:19 PM.

Oh hey, since my last link didn't work, I can link something I forgot I wrote. It's been revived, thanks Bil!:
http://forum.dueling...uy-has-learned/

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

it's challenging that's for sure. I am on a whole new learning curb as to what works on what, but I am a happy camper~ I got a marisa  and reimu on my team (getting a hardy marisa took forever, even though I prefer quirky, whatever, I got a decent nature) 

I wish I knew about the locator like two days ago, but whatever, I am getting my team together finally~ thanks for this anemia~ 

I'd get a Marisa or Reimu myself, but I'm too far in the game. It'd take longer than I'd be willing to wait for them to be on level with my team.

You know, it really sucks that I can't get my hands on a Youmu. The only places she appears are out of reach until I get through the Hoenn league. Of course, that's just my friggin luck. My favorite Touhou character happens to be one of the ones that can't be caught until near the end of the game.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Sorreah182

Sorreah182

Elite Member

I'd get a Marisa or Reimu myself, but I'm too far in the game. It'd take longer than I'd be willing to wait for them to be on level with my team.

You know, it really sucks that I can't get my hands on a Youmu. The only places she appears are out of reach until I get through the Hoenn league. Of course, that's just my friggin luck. My favorite Touhou character happens to be one of the ones that can't be caught until near the end of the game.

I feel that with flandre, but reimu and marisa were just what I wanted to nab for balance, my team was kinda wonky before them, meiling wound up being a glass cannon in any form. Sorry you have to wait so long...I also am a bit sad I am doing the grind thing with my new team but think its worth it, also I am serious about dumping miku, shes just OP this early in the game

Oh hey, since my last link didn't work, I can link something I forgot I wrote. It's been revived, thanks Bil!:

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

I feel that with flandre, but reimu and marisa were just what I wanted to nab for balance, my team was kinda wonky before them, meiling wound up being a glass cannon in any form. Sorry you have to wait so long...I also am a bit sad I am doing the grind thing with my new team but think its worth it, also I am serious about dumping miku, shes just OP this early in the game

Miku tones down a bit late game. She's still really strong, but she's not OP. I've still had her faint occasionally. She's like a legendary, really. I do plan to drop her eventually. I'm not quite sure what I'll drop her for though.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Sorreah182

Sorreah182

Elite Member

btw, your thoughts on sakyua vs alice vs sanae? they are all type wise similar enough I don't want 2 or all 3, but not sure which one I like best. the ice/steel seems like it will be the most useful, but sanae is looking good with her water/grass attributes

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

btw, your thoughts on sakyua vs alice vs sanae? they are all type wise similar enough I don't want 2 or all 3, but not sure which one I like best. the ice/steel seems like it will be the most useful, but sanae is looking good with her water/grass attributes

If you want a defensive addition to your party, go with Sakuya. If you want an offensive member of your party, go with Sanae.

Personally, I would go with Sanae because of her stats are good, and her types are pretty good as well.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Sorreah182

Sorreah182

Elite Member

If you want a defensive addition to your party, go with Sakuya. If you want an offensive member of your party, go with Sanae.

Personally, I would go with Sanae because of her stats are good, and her types are pretty good as well.

sanae it is, I was liking alice, but now that she caught up to them at level 7, her stats are about 1 point less in all areas compared to the others a 2 points less in their main stat...shes still adorable :P

edit: and now I have to put the game down cus my girlfriend wants to play yugioh T.T 

Edited by Sorreah182, 30 May 2013 - 12:56 PM.

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

sanae it is, I was liking alice, but now that she caught up to them at level 7, her stats are about 1 point less in all areas compared to the others a 2 points less in their main stat...shes still adorable :P

Yeah, Alice's stats aren't as good as Sakuya or Sanae. The combination of Psychic and Ice types are pretty mediocre since all they really do together is create more weaknesses. I didn't look at any of their move pools though, so I have no idea there. If you're going to have a psychic on your team, you'd be better off with a Reisen like I have anyways.

Edited by ViolentAnemia, 30 May 2013 - 12:58 PM.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Kayana

Kayana

Dragonian Bard of Gensokyo

• Team:Permanent Free Agent

This is pretty challenging. I cannot begin to tell you how many times it took me to beat Wattson and Norman. Not to mention trying to catch Kikuri...

153.png

PPS: You didn't mention the music tracks are amazing. some original pokemon music is in there, but some really great touhou tracks are in there too. I love the music in this @_@

Gotta love Capt. Murasa's theme as the gym leader battle theme~

Edited by Kayana, 30 May 2013 - 02:20 PM.

"The Shining Needle Castle that Sinks Through the Air" - ZUN

ghostrickqueenpopupnameonly_zps38b6719b.tumblr_mrn5regmao1sr99w4o1_500_zps7c91ea

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

This is pretty challenging. I cannot begin to tell you how many times it took me to beat Wattson and Norman. Not to mention trying to catch Kikuri...

153.png

Gotta love Capt. Murasa's theme as the gym leader battle theme~

You had trouble catching Kikuri? I just save state abused my way to victory. It wasn't really worth the trouble though. Kikuri isn't very good at all. All it does is stall. I'd rather have a good sweeper than a staller.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Kayana

Kayana

You had trouble catching Kikuri? I just save state abused my way to victory. It wasn't really worth the trouble though. Kikuri isn't very good at all. All it does is stall. I'd rather have a good sweeper than a staller.

Well that's just it. You're supposed to paralyze rare catches like that but all I had was Flandre's poison claw and the poison flow is identical to Toxic which means it died before I could catch it. Not to mention that I could get it down to the lowest possible health in like 2-3 hits. Most of that battle was me trying to throw orbs at it e_e. Wasted 25 Ultra orbs on that boss :C 

ghostrickqueenpopupnameonly_zps38b6719b.tumblr_mrn5regmao1sr99w4o1_500_zps7c91ea

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

Well that's just it. You're supposed to paralyze rare catches like that but all I had was Flandre's poison claw and the poison flow is identical to Toxic which means it died before I could catch it. Not to mention that I could get it down to the lowest possible health in like 2-3 hits. Most of that battle was me trying to throw orbs at it e_e. Wasted 25 Ultra orbs on that boss :C 

Like I said, abuse of the save state works wonders. You're right about status effects though. If my Kurumi didn't have such a good sleep inducing move, it'd take a lot longer to catch than it did.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Sorreah182

Sorreah182

Elite Member

yeah, 20 balls on reimu....I had to switch to ultra balls AND put her to sleep, even then they still broke out occasionally

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

yeah, 20 balls on reimu....I had to switch to ultra balls AND put her to sleep, even then they still broke out occasionally

Oh yeah, unlike pokemon, touhoumon are significantly harder to catch. If you don't use status effects, it can be a major pain in the ***.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Kayana

Kayana

So what's your progress guys? At the moment I'm making my way to the 7th gym by sea (Kappaz).

Also I think I'm comfortable with my team at the moment. For a while I couldn't decide what I wanted in my team ._.

Edited by Kayana, 30 May 2013 - 03:21 PM.

Sorreah182

Sorreah182

Elite Member

*hangs my head in shame* I am still back in kanto right after second badge, I am kinda leveling up my entire team to catch up to where I should be...catching lvl 5 starters is good in the long run, but its taking some time to catch up to Kurumi who is only 18. I figure I will get them to about 12, then continue on with the story

SwagSwagLikeCaillou

SwagSwagLikeCaillou

DN's Account Guy

• Team:[SWAG]

Now I wanna play Emerald

If you are christian and not afraid to admit copy and paste this in your sig, GOD FTW!!

qcjjVwe.gif?1

AYmlhb1.gif

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

So what's your progress guys? At the moment I'm making my way to the 7th gym by sea (Kappaz).

Also I think I'm comfortable with my team at the moment. For a while I couldn't decide what I wanted in my team ._.

I've gotten sidetracked by finding a replacement for my Miku. Currently, I'm training a Hatate before I go to Team Magma's hideout.

My team is:

CHatate Lv21

AReisen Lv37

Tenshi Lv37

ENazrin Lv38

EKurumi Lv38

Kongala Lv42

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Sorreah182

Sorreah182

Elite Member

I've gotten sidetracked by finding a replacement for my Miku. Currently, I'm training a Hatate before I go to Team Magma's hideout.

My team is:

CHatate Lv21

AReisen Lv37

Tenshi Lv37

ENazrin Lv38

EKurumi Lv38

Kongala Lv42

I feel so inadequate....

my team:

csanae 10

cmarisa 10

creimu 10

ckarumi 18

cnazrin 2 (utility)

<open>

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

I feel so inadequate....

my team:

csanae 10

cmarisa 10

creimu 10

ckarumi 18

cnazrin 2 (utility)

<open>

It's okay man. You restarted a few times, right? I never restarted and I've been playing as much as I can.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Kayana

Kayana

*hangs my head in shame* I am still back in kanto right after second badge, I am kinda leveling up my entire team to catch up to where I should be...catching lvl 5 starters is good in the long run, but its taking some time to catch up to Kurumi who is only 18. I figure I will get them to about 12, then continue on with the story

But you can only go so far into the Kanto region without badges/items o-O I only bothered with the Kanto region so I could get Flanflan and Sakuya

Here's my team at the moment (Pre-battle for the twins in the 7th gym):

Lv 29 Sakuya (Exp. Share Boosting yaaay)

Lv 32 Koakuma

Lv 34 Nitori

Lv 35 FMeiling

Lv 44 Flandre

Lv 44 Kongala

89.png329.png337.png119.png79.png151.png

6/8 Badges Working on 7th right now (aaand I think I need to go swimming for trainer battles again)

Edited by Kayana, 30 May 2013 - 03:56 PM.

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

But you can only go so far into the Kanto region without badges/items o-O I only bothered with the Kanto region so I could get Flanflan and Sakuya

Lv 32 Koakuma

Lv 34 Nitori

Lv 35 FMeiling

Lv 44 Flandre

Lv 44 Kongala

6/8 Badges Working on 7th right now

You stuck with Meiling? Her special defense was terrible. Mine got KO'd all the freaking time. That's why I dropped her.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Kayana

Kayana

You stuck with Meiling? Her special defense was terrible. Mine got KO'd all the freaking time. That's why I dropped her.

Zinc. Zinc everywhere. IF I can find Cirno I'll probably replace Nitori with her but I probably should because she's proving to be a very large punching bag.

Sorreah182

Sorreah182

Elite Member

It's okay man. You restarted a few times, right? I never restarted and I've been playing as much as I can.

Not by choice, one was just a loss of 3 hours of work cus a slipped button, but yeah, I restarted earlier today, wonder if I can catch up to you?

Lv 32 Koakuma
Lv 34 Nitori
Lv 35 FMeiling
Lv 44 Flandre
Lv 44 Kongala

6/8 Badges Working on 7th right now

Yup, was precisely nothing to do there but get marisa and reimu and sanae, I wanna flandre but can't get one yet~ I'm pretty content with what I did get though, spent too much effort getting good natures and starting stats for things I probably will never ev train properly (not that I have any idea how I would do that in this game)

Zinc. Zinc everywhere. IF I can find Cirno I'll probably replace Nitori with her but I probably should because she's proving to be a very large punching bag.

I used her too, there is only so much zinc you can give her and it still winds up moot...honestly shes really good except for that special defense...

Edited by Sorreah182, 30 May 2013 - 04:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.