• Veteran Members
  • 1,991 posts
    • Time Online: 190d 15h 58m
  • Team:[AE] A Posse Ad Esse

DISCLAIMER! Read Before!

Legend

300px-BrotherhoodoftheFireFistBear-CBLZ-

Card Information

Oh hello, well, you've most likely seen this card during this recent format before "Prophecy" and "Dragon Rulers" and "Evilswarm" become supped up on steroids, dominating pretty much themselves, and everything else.

But now, let's look back to another format that also had people wanting something from it to be hit on the Forbidden List. Generally, it's been this card, "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear". We've all seen him in the "Axis-3 Flame Star" in Japan, and the "Level 4 Beatdown Fire Fist" everywhere else. It has a one card setup from it's respective spell, "Fire Formation - Tenki", which allows you to add 1 Level 4-or-lower Beast-Warrior Monster from your Deck to your Hand. Well...first thought if your opponent has a big monster, is you wanna grab this guy, "BotFF - B" (shortened name). Sure, the monster is good is his own Archetype as a deck, but we've seen some diversity out of this little guy, ranging from "Fire Fist" to "X-Saber" to "Constellar" to "Wind-Up".

In "X-Sabers", we have "XX-Saber Boggart Knight", who is a 1900 SS another monster from Hand monster. But the interesting part is, is that he is a Beast-Warrior. Opening up usage for "Fire Formation - Tenki" and "BotFF - B"(as a tech).

In "Constellar", everybody knows that the most common play is Summon "Constellar Algeidi/Pollux", summon "Constellar Kaus", make them both a level 5 by "Constellar Kaus"'s effect twice, and summon "Constellar Pleiades". Worthy thing to note, "Constellar Kaus" is a Beast-Warrior, again opening the two aforementioned cards that you can use.

Likewise, in "Wind-Ups", they too have been known to overwhelm the opponent in a massive swarm of Xyz Monsters that can really screw up what you had in mind for a duel. Like the other archetypes, "Wind-Up" have their own Beast-Warrior, the floater, "Wind-Up Rabbit". Using "Fire Formation - Tenki" with "Wind-Up Rabbit" opens a 1500 floater that'll come back unless you have a full Monster Field. "BotFF - B" is also a viable card to use, but not too many, as Rank 4 Xyz Monsters aren't extremely common in "Wind-Ups."

So really, we see a diverse array of decks that "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear" can go into. Most of them are in the Xyz department, but they really are worth the time to consider the two cards. The only bad thing really about "BotFF - B" is that he's prone to "Effect Veiler" stopping another "Fire Formation" search, and he's only 1600 ATK, which is good, but with everything roaming around now that's about 1900+, it kinda puts everything on a downer for his guy. "Fire Formation - Tenki" boosts him to 1700, but that really isn't much difference in today's format. Again, with "Effect Veiler", hand traps are more and more common, so it's seeming that "Fire Fist" cards have had their time in the limelight of Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I think it's time to move on, no?

Hope you enjoyed,

~ Professor Banner 

Edited by !_ _Professor Banner, 07 June 2013 - 05:48 PM.

/.:.We can only play the hand we're dealt.:.\

Posted Image

Credit to T@LON

Kitty =^.^=

Kitty =^.^=

i want my Totodile

• Veteran Members
  • 957 posts
    • Time Online: 70d 4h 21m 4s
  • Steam:lapuppygirl

Definitely one of the most feared level 4 cards.  So good that it can be used as a tech for any deck that runs tenki.  

My Cousin!

sdefe9.png

216.gif 158.gif

PsyBomb

PsyBomb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 682 posts
    • Time Online: 39d 22h 32m 50s

Yes, and he also found another home in the Bujin archetype. Combined with Tenki, he is searchable and repeatable destruction plus multiformat support. I actually half expect him to take a hit in September, even if it's just to 2.

MrMcThrasher

MrMcThrasher

Reign In Blood

• Veteran Members
  • 4,026 posts
    • Time Online: 64d 7h 58m 34s
  • Team:[BOB] Band Of Brothers

Yes, and he also found another home in the Bujin archetype. Combined with Tenki, he is searchable and repeatable destruction plus multiformat support. I actually half expect him to take a hit in September, even if it's just to 2.

True.  Hell I run two Bear and a single Gorilla just for more Tenki targets, and they've been putting in quite some work, I tell you what.

f3aHfUG.gif

Megames1

Megames1

Chirp Da Nurp

• Veteran Members
  • 1,416 posts
    • Time Online: 176d 23h 7m 30s
  • Facebook:Isayah Phanord
  • Youtube:TheMegames1
  • Team:[DLLR] Cause we got money!

The card is good at what it does, which is pop something, then letting me search out my search card. It's has always been good, and will remain that way, even as a tech.

3576310736.png

Emolga_18

Emolga_18

"Cursed Children"

• Veteran Members
  • 7,717 posts
    • Time Online: 81d 3h 50m 28s
  • Facebook:PM me.
  • Twitter:PM me.
  • Youtube:PM me.
  • Team:[VS] Volt Switch (Captain)

This Card is so good. One of my new favorite Level 4 Monsters out there. This Card is good with Bujins.

! Juha Bach !

! Juha Bach !

Veteran Member

• 342 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 10h 16m 18s

Because a 3 word post is a good insight on the card. >.>

:/ Yeah, well I don't have the motivation to write a clever insight lol, I only felt the need to post because of my avatar pic.

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• Veteran Members
  • 2,824 posts
    • Time Online: 48d 3h 39m 52s
  • Team:Suibon Fan Club

Sorry, while your first post is a commendable effort, it's often rather tedious to put that much work into every post. :P

It tells how little I know or care about Brofists that I didn't realize this card was actually doing anything for quite a while. First time I faced against it I was pleasantly surprised. Very annoying card to go against, not many decks are lucky enough to get their own level 4 poppers, and none that I'm aware of are searchers at the same time. TBH the searching effect is like icing on the cake for this guy, even if it is one of the keys to why it's so good. The popping effect is already pretty rare for the average level 4 monster.

Disclaimer: My strategies aren't good, they're just amusing.

Ratskin

Ratskin

DNF's ex-resident a-hole

• Veteran Members
  • 2,845 posts
    • Time Online: 154d 8h 59m 25s

The OP should probably factor in 3-Axis Fist into some of it's points. Fire Fists are still relevant because of that build. Hell, it's manditory in all Fire Fist Builds, and anything that considers running Tenki, because it's to far to good not to run. It's amazing in every sense of the word.

It's part of the original Fists, who were one of the most balanced decks to grace the game for a long while, and it was frankly amazing there. And it will always remain as such I feel, so long as the format doesn't become spell focused.

Being also the key monster in two engines is pretty good for him as well.

But even then... I mean, it shouldn't be hit anyhow last September, just cos the Fire Fist deck was nice and balanced.

Because a post pointing out how someone elses post didn't give any insight is clearly insightful on the card :P

2r68WSt.png

The Joker will Lock all....

Thanks to someone from CGC.

Bleaknight

Bleaknight

In-Game Administrator

• In-Game Administrator
  • 909 posts
    • Time Online: 141d 2h 35m 53s

Even though I can see why people could want Bear hit, more often than not outside of Fire Fists it's just a nice tech who's hardly going to change the game. As said, the non-3-Axis Fire Fists were pretty balanced and most of their strength comes from Bear. It being at 2 wouldn't be a huge shock (given it can be searched easily), but wanting it at 1 is overreacting.

Take a look at my custom created archetypes -
Ambush Tribe / Riposte / Variabili / Full Defense / Desertic / Strife / Dwarves/ Retribution / Hellspawn / Seraph / Vagrant Gliders

!_ _Professor Banner

!_ _Professor Banner

One In the Books of Knowledge

• Veteran Members
  • 1,991 posts

The OP should probably factor in 3-Axis Fist into some of it's points. Fire Fists are still relevant because of that build. Hell, it's manditory in all Fire Fist Builds, and anything that considers running Tenki, because it's to far to good not to run. It's amazing in every sense of the word.

My failure to check over stuff. I repeated the same build twice, it should be Axis-3 not 4...ah well. Edited in.

Posted Image

Credit to T@LON

Ratskin

Ratskin

DNF's ex-resident a-hole

• Veteran Members
  • 2,845 posts
    • Time Online: 154d 8h 59m 25s

My failure to check over stuff. I repeated the same build twice, it should be Axis-3 not 4...ah well. Edited in.

Your first one was still kinda valid though.

Since I believe there's 3 major varients of Fists: There's Bear Control, which is basically TCG fists, only with a few extra lovely bits (Mostly Wolfberk), 4-Axis, which has Level 8 Synchro's in addition to the Bear Beatdown, and then 3 Axis.

2r68WSt.png

The Joker will Lock all....

Thanks to someone from CGC.

!_ _Professor Banner

!_ _Professor Banner

One In the Books of Knowledge

• Veteran Members
  • 1,991 posts

Oh...and to everybody whose quoting my "3 word not insightful" post. I'm sorry that I would like to have actually thoughts being put down when I put as much work as I did into this, so please refrain from talking bad about it, because I'm fairly certain none of you would want a "Oh..my favorite card" or something similar on something you put a lot of work into making.

Posted Image

Credit to T@LON

The ErosionSeeker

The ErosionSeeker

Serve upon me, Laevateinn!

• Veteran Members
  • 2,284 posts
    • Time Online: 211d 15h 7m 40s
  • Team:[FAB] Dreams of Faded Reality

Bear should not be feared for his +1 destruction ability (there are what, 5 other cards that have the exact same ability?)

Rather, it's the frightening ability to plus off a "dead" card (as if you're using tenki for the +100) and then plus again by searching out yet another card.

Without the second ability, Bear would just be an overglorified Legionnaire (Legion is not 1/turn) that happens to have 400 more ATK.

Bear is crazy powerful, but not hitworthy.

If Konami wants to kick Fire Fists, they'll go after tenki or chicken/rooster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.