Photo

Rulings on Redox

redox madolche special from the grave warren peace hootcake

Best Answer DragonMasterLance, 13 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

You discard Hootcake so it is in your grave to target.

No cheating there.

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Warren Peace

Warren Peace

• 164 posts
    • Time Online: 12d 18h 35m 20s
  • Facebook:Hunter Cutchin
  • Team:Prophetic End

Ok War here with a ranting question...

I keep running into people rage quitting on me and saying I am cheating or doing this wrong. Which is really making me mad...

Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders says that he can be discarded along with another Earth type monster and then can special summon a monster from the graveyard.

"You can discard this card and 1 EARTH monster to the Graveyard, then target 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target."

Now I have seen many Dragon players pitch him and then target himself and special summon himself to the field this way and use it to overlay into a rank 7. 

But here is my question, If I pitch Madolche Hootcake and Redox then target Hootcake can I not special summon it this way?? Most people rage quit or say it doesn't work and I need to know why it doesn't or if I am right or wrong please.

Thanks for the help

DragonMasterLance

DragonMasterLance

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 576 posts
    • Time Online: 23d 20h 21m 14s
✓  Best Answer

No cheating there.

“I have grown tired once again of those who limit their study of the game to armchair judging as opposed to ACTUAL judging with constant real life involvement in the physical game.”

~John Danker

Warren Peace

Warren Peace

• 164 posts

No cheating there.

Thought so. It's obvious that it works that way but I seriously keep having people get mad that I am cheating when I do it

Virtuoso

Virtuoso

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 563 posts
    • Time Online: 20d 13m 52s

only time that play is illegal is when you activate it with no target in grave already. you cant redox with no monsters in grave before the discard

steffenerd

steffenerd

• 25 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 14h 45m 32s

The effect of "Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders" that Special Summons 1 monster from the Graveyard by discarding itself and 1 other EARTH monster to the Graveyard can target 1 of the monsters discarded as a cost. Furthermore, if there are no monsters in your Graveyard in the first place, the effect of "Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders" that Special Summons 1 monster from the Graveyard by discarding itself and 1 other EARTH monster cannot be activated. [source]

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

Warren Peace

Warren Peace

• 164 posts

The effect of "Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders" that Special Summons 1 monster from the Graveyard by discarding itself and 1 other EARTH monster to the Graveyard can target 1 of the monsters discarded as a cost. Furthermore, if there are no monsters in your Graveyard in the first place, the effect of "Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders" that Special Summons 1 monster from the Graveyard by discarding itself and 1 other EARTH monster cannot be activated. [source]

Yes I knew it worked the way I was using it. Thanks again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: redox, madolche, special from the grave, warren peace, hootcake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.