• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

TheWhite87

TheWhite87

Carsomyr

• Veteran Members
  • 1,275 posts
    • Time Online: 34d 5h 16s

I love the art, stats are nice, and the effect is fair. I want to pick up 50 of these if they are common. just to look at and post onto my wall.

wikia says he is going to be ultra rare

AVLy5CW.png                   Ej5aIQD.png

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• Veteran Members
  • 2,824 posts
    • Time Online: 48d 3h 43m
  • Team:Suibon Fan Club

Great artwork and to be fair, i think its an alright effect. Can be tough to get rid off due to his effect. Can also be a veiler. So kind of like a mix between chalice, lance and dress. People are saying its underpowered for a rank 8. Well people, big eye wasnt used either when he first came out. If there will be an archetype of lv8 dragon rulers, its possible that this guy will be one of their main threats. 

People are saying it's underpowered for a rank 8? Have they even looked at the other rank 8s? XD

This guy is like the best one. Only real drawback is that they put his ATK at the 2.8k benchmark instead of the 3k benchmark, otherwise he outclasses pretty much all the others.

Disclaimer: My strategies aren't good, they're just amusing.

friedchicken837

friedchicken837

SHAZAM!

• Veteran Members
  • 1,296 posts
    • Time Online: 44d 20h 29m 46s

This card takes my place as the most amazing card printed for the last few sets. It might not be in a meta level deck but that doesn't stop it from being amazing.

It's got amazing art.

Amazing Stats (It's still 100 short from being in godly range), Attribute and Type. (Depending on how Tachyon is , RUM might actually become workable in a rank 8 deck.)

Oh yeah, and an effect that is basically the forbidden cards rolled into a Quick Effect. Making it immune to effects means that it has to be killed conventionally, either by Blaster ramming it, or by Junon powering over it.

He's based around Felgrand Dragon, who I am forever in love with.

The only bad thing is that it's 100 short of being godly. If it were 2900, you couldn't touch it with Blaster or Gaois, which would make it much much better.

This new set is just... amazing. Spirit and Monarch support, Zombies, Vampires, a good Photon Monster, and most of all: Nothing is outrigh game changingly broken. This is probably the healthiest set they've made for ages.

Who's the Photon :o?

It can't be Draggloung...is it?

Of all the times Control F has failed me.

Ratskin

Ratskin

DNF's ex-resident a-hole

• Veteran Members
  • 2,846 posts
    • Time Online: 155d 3h 19m 13s

Who's the Photon :o?

It can't be Draggloung...is it?

Of all the times Control F has failed me.

I already answered this I thought...

By Photon I meant Photon Support, by which I meant this. Because Photons love this sucker.

2r68WSt.png

The Joker will Lock all....

Thanks to someone from CGC.

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 6,218 posts
    • Time Online: 292d 7h 8m 16s
  • Team:Who needs one

By Photon I meant Photon Support, by which I meant this. Because Photons love this sucker.

probably edit your post then

DbOfRaW.jpg

friedchicken837

friedchicken837

SHAZAM!

• Veteran Members
  • 1,296 posts

Lol, I got excited for a new Photon that made Galaxion useable...

Ah, well I assumed it wasn't this card.

Thanks for answering though.

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 6,218 posts

Here, have a pretty clear image of Dragoon!

FelgrandtheDivineDragonKnight-SHSP-JP-OP

DbOfRaW.jpg

Armand Star

Armand Star

The Storming Star

• Veteran Members
  • 6,977 posts
    • Time Online: 241d 38m 42s

i think i can see a black dragon behind (not sure if shadow but the red dot definitely looks like an eye)

uCFsoOa.jpg

peternishimura

peternishimura

• 48 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 16h 16m 57s

me gusta. I always liked Felgrand Dragon.

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 6,218 posts

i think i can see a black dragon behind (not sure if shadow but the red dot definitely looks like an eye)

Yeah, it's felgrand, guess we haven't actually shared what he originally looked like so here

FelgrandDragonSDRL-EN-UR-1E.jpg

DbOfRaW.jpg

Armand Star

Armand Star

The Storming Star

• Veteran Members
  • 6,977 posts
    • Time Online: 241d 38m 42s

yep that's definitely Felgrand

uCFsoOa.jpg

Snipeclips

Snipeclips

• 230 posts
    • Time Online: 46d 16h 7m 20s

Its effect is pretty crazy, but I wouldn't run anymore than 1 imo. He could be a last resort summon if needed, but there are many other rank 8s worth running.

Ratskin

Ratskin

DNF's ex-resident a-hole

• Veteran Members
  • 2,846 posts

Its effect is pretty crazy, but I wouldn't run anymore than 1 imo. He could be a last resort summon if needed, but there are many other rank 8s worth running.

There's two or 3 depending on your deck.

Giant Killer and Sun Dragon are always amazing to go into, but not quite as a good as this, and Dark World have Frankey. The others are mostly crap or are 3 materials.

It's the only rank 8 actually worth going into at a time other than toolboxing out of a situation.

Also... If only Felgrand were more playable.

Edited by Ratskin, 24 June 2013 - 03:27 PM.

2r68WSt.png

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• Veteran Members
  • 2,824 posts

Are you sure about that? ._.

The other rank 8s are kinda bad for the most part, really. Main advantage is that they have more ATK IMO.

Edited by notcleverusername, 24 June 2013 - 03:27 PM.

Snipeclips

Snipeclips

• 230 posts

Giant Killer and Sun Dragon are always amazing to go into, but not quite as a good as this, and Dark World have Frankey. The others are mostly crap or are 3 materials.

It's the only rank 8 actually worth going into at a time other than toolboxing out of a situation.

Those 2, along with Tachyon Dragon, I can say are better than Felgrand if you do not already have protection in the form of other cards, so in a way it may be deck dependent. But nonetheless, it is a nice stall card, but it won't exactly warrant any benefits as much as those 3 cards can.

Are you sure about that? ._.

The other rank 8s are kinda bad for the most part, really. Main advantage is that they have more ATK IMO.

I'm quite sure of myself. Besides, if you don't want to run lances or whatever protection, then he can used at 2 or something. To me I can see him as stalling until the opponent eventually summons something that can run over it. I rather disrupt or get rid of them using said rank 8s.

Iri_

Iri_

• 190 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 12h 9m 28s
  • Youtube:Ask
  • Team:[AE] A Posse Ad Esse

I can see myself using this indeed.

be1bf63e-38f4-47ff-b163-8f1ba83431fe_zps

w2XXprs.png

IF1IaIs.gif

Ratskin

Ratskin

DNF's ex-resident a-hole

• Veteran Members
  • 2,846 posts

Those 2, along with Tachyon Dragon, I can say are better than Felgrand if you do not already have protection in the form of other cards, so in a way it may be deck dependent. But nonetheless, it is a nice stall card, but it won't exactly warrant any benefits as much as those 3 cards can.

I'm quite sure of myself. Besides, if you don't want to run lances or whatever protection, then he can used at 2 or something. To me I can see him as stalling until the opponent eventually summons something that can run over it. I rather disrupt or get rid of them using said rank 8s.

The point of it is he brings his own protection. 2800 is still big, and above the power curve for most formats. It makes getting over him a pain, and saves you resources.

In a deck like Photon's, where every interaction is +0 or worse save like 2 things, that becomes a godsend, and is the same reason they run LaDD. It forces your opponent to eat into there resources to get over it.

And they do different things, so you can't say which is really better. It's like which is better to fit into a round hole, a square or a triangle. It serves a different role, and it is the only Rank 8 that is undeniably good, in comparison to other ranks. Besides, Tachyon isn't even that good without back-up.

But I can see your points, I jut feel differently.

2r68WSt.png

MrMcThrasher

MrMcThrasher

Reign In Blood

• Veteran Members
  • 4,026 posts
    • Time Online: 64d 7h 58m 34s
  • Team:[BOB] Band Of Brothers

I am SOOOO using this in my Gimmick Puppet deck.  The effect is retardedly awesome for those requirements.

f3aHfUG.gif

lord_ivan

lord_ivan

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,059 posts
    • Time Online: 80d 11h 47m 56s
  • Team:{KORT}

He can protect himself or any of his fellows from any effect, thats just great! it can be chained to a Big Eye/Dragossack effect, it would be amazing if it also gave battle protection.

TheSterlingZ

TheSterlingZ

• 160 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 23h 58m 55s
  • Team:Galaxy Endo

More Grapha spam nice!

Snipeclips

Snipeclips

• 230 posts

The point of it is he brings his own protection. 2800 is still big, and above the power curve for most formats. It makes getting over him a pain, and saves you resources.

In a deck like Photon's, where every interaction is +0 or worse save like 2 things, that becomes a godsend, and is the same reason they run LaDD. It forces your opponent to eat into there resources to get over it.

And they do different things, so you can't say which is really better. It's like which is better to fit into a round hole, a square or a triangle. It serves a different role, and it is the only Rank 8 that is undeniably good, in comparison to other ranks. Besides, Tachyon isn't even that good without back-up.

But I can see your points, I jut feel differently.

Felgrand is a nice card, and is needed for a rank 8 monster who can protect himself. And is also a good card in case I don't have lance in hand. I'm looking to getting at least 2 of him when he drops soon in the TCG, amongst other cards, but again there are times in which I would have another rank 8 on the field.

Edited by Snipeclips, 26 June 2013 - 12:29 PM.

zekana

zekana

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 719 posts
    • Time Online: 106d 14h 21m 29s

a bit off topic but if they continue this theme of old dragon cards coming back as warriors, I wonder what dragon would be next.  In a way, I'd hope Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord would be the next dragon brought back.  when i first got back into the game about 2 years ago, Dragon beatdown was the deck i used on DN and I always liked Van'dalgyon from a design and effect standpoint.

anyway, back to the discussion of the card, Anyone else think it looks like a Constellar monster?  the gold, blue,and white armor screams "heavenly warrior" to me but clearly constellars lack a way to get rank 8's out.

GX-Kai

GX-Kai

Honorable Member

• 900 posts
    • Time Online: 42d 23h 57m 10s
  • Facebook:kai.nainggolan
  • Team:Team [Duel Like an Idol]

His name and artwork is BOSS!!!

I am tempted to play the Blue-Eyes deck just for the sake of playing this guy - or I'll play any deck that can regularly summon him. I had been a fan of Felgrant Dragon since its release now there a humanoid version of it? SWEET JESUS!

tumblr_mir750KXQr1qefij1o1_500.gif

sigpic1318_1.gif

friedchicken837

friedchicken837

SHAZAM!

• Veteran Members
  • 1,296 posts

Random Question, but if this card's effect was used on someone such as....Gaia summoned by Chain material, he wouldn't be destroyed at End Phase, correct?

I'm thinking there's a difference between "unaffected by card effects" in the context I mentioned, but either way, I just need to clear something up.

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• Veteran Members
  • 2,824 posts

Random thought:

Can't be summoned by that Enthusiastic Bearman thing (I swear FIRE monsters get the stupidest names). Honestly dunno why they didn't just make that guy archetype specific when it comes to XYZ material, it comes out to the same thing anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.