• 2,878 posts
    • Time Online: 302d 5h 15m 12s

AzureEyesSilverDragon-SD25-JP-UR.png

Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon

Level 9

LIGHT, Dragon/Synchro/Effect

ATK: 2500 DEF: 3000

Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Normal Monsters

When this card is Special Summoned: Dragon-Type monsters you currently control cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects until the end of the next turn. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can target 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

One of the two monsters that makes a BEWD deck actually halfway decent (or good in my opinion) hell it's normal monster (and Gemini) support in general, it's not just limited to BEWD however it is in decks that utilise dragons that this guy gets the most out of its effects. I haven't lost when I've summoned this guy (and now that I've said that the next duel I go into and summon this guy in, I'll probably lose) which proved its power to me, being able to protect your dragons from destruction and effects that target on not just on your turn but your opponent's as well as your next turn is a pretty powerful (and useful) effect and the ability to bring back a beater (usually) is an added bonus, this guy can turn BEWD into a gates boosted Grapha (only with Honest support.)

His attack and defense are also pretty impressive (well attack not so much) being the inverse of BEWD's which makes him pretty durable, however he's probably going to spend most of his time in defense until you decide to finish your opponent off. His protection effect also has a flaw; any effect that doesn't target or destroy (Spellbook of Fate immediately comes to mind) can get through, it's not a big flaw (I can't name too many cards that don't target or destroy in the same effect) and his resurrection ability only applies to vanilla monsters (although that's probably a good thing given REDMD's place on the lists) so it does cut down on his usage as does his summoning conditions. But all in all the pros far outweigh the cons with this guy and thanks to him and Maiden Blue-Eyes is actually relevant, probably.

Edited by kpnut, 10 July 2013 - 02:32 PM.

(Ouroboros) LeLukeX

(Ouroboros) LeLukeX

• 44 posts
    • Time Online: 18h 51m 45s
  • Team:Ouroboros

It's total crap.  I'm upset konami made this card.  They are like spitting in my face and telling well here is crap. 

No, don't try to defend this garbage! It is bad!

It only protects itself b/c I doubt you will have another draogn when this card is summoned.  Also, he's a total stall.  I can't stress enough how this is counterproductive with Blue Eyes.  You need to go agrro or go home this format not stall.   I don't like the card at all!

I do however like Roar of the Silver Dragon and Boneyard, those cards are good.

zaeris

zaeris

• 43 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 20h 12m 48s

I do disagree with the above in many way.

you can build a deck to summon multiple dragon and one azure dragon. the immunity is to all dragons you controls at any time  for the turn and during your opponent. Also the best thing is azure doesn't need to be on the field, it just only have to be special summon successfully.

Secondly, it's effect is on special summon and not synchro-summon so any method that can revive it from graveyard also grants immunity.

It's a great counter to big-eye and draccosack, probably better in control play style, and thrives better against non-back row decks easily.

!U Should Just Scoop

!U Should Just Scoop

I'm DN's undisputed Master of the Scoop Phase, sir

• Veteran Members
  • 855 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 11h 52m 11s

A good example of breakthrough skill > Veiler. 

Posted Image

TheWhite87

TheWhite87

Carsomyr

• Veteran Members
  • 1,225 posts
    • Time Online: 32d 12h 47m 2s

azure-eyes silver dragon. i have 3 in the extra deck of my main build. pretty easy to summon and powerful effect.

summon silver dragon, set torrential tribute. next turn watch your opponent rage before he gets a minimum of 5500 in the face xD

edit: btw. there is not a single card in dragon rulers that can get rid of this guy until his protection runs off.

Edited by TheWhite87, 07 July 2013 - 05:41 AM.

tT07sZ4.png

AshBunLuv

AshBunLuv

~ Just Ash ~

• Veteran Members
  • 3,611 posts
    • Time Online: 192d 14h 23m 58s
  • Team:Team Ragnarok [TR]

I really like it. Been using Spellbooks with Blue-Maiden and Blue-Eyes lately. I can easily summon it and then stall for a little bit lol. Good card overall.

Posted Image

Posted Image

kpnut

kpnut

the Cry of the Wind

• Veteran Members
  • 2,878 posts

It's total crap.  I'm upset konami made this card.  They are like spitting in my face and telling well here is crap. 

It only protects itself b/c I doubt you will have another draogn when this card is summoned.  Also, he's a total stall.  I can't stress enough how this is counterproductive with Blue Eyes.  You need to go agrro or go home this format not stall.   I don't like the card at all!

What are you smoking and can I have some? Azure-Eyes and Maiden are some of the best support BEWD has had in a while (or ever) it would seem that you haven't even played a BEWD deck with the new support. Also you saying it's bad in this format, so is Dark Hole but you don't see anyone saying that THAT'S garbage.

Chaos Swarm

Chaos Swarm

The Ghost of Tyranus

• Banned
  • 7,769 posts
  • Team:A Team of One

azure-eyes silver dragon. i have 3 in the extra deck of my main build. pretty easy to summon and powerful effect.

summon silver dragon, set torrential tribute. next turn watch your opponent rage before he gets a minimum of 5500 in the face xD

edit: btw. there is not a single card in dragon rulers that can get rid of this guy until his protection runs off.

False, Lucky, Gaios, Oblisk, and you can chalice a blaster. In any case Rulers can drop him easy.  The "currently" in his effect ruins him to be honest

Edited by LordTyranus, 07 July 2013 - 11:44 AM.

XqYindA.png

giratina-origin.gif

The Dragons Shall Rise Once More

SonicHalo9107

SonicHalo9107

Magical Knight

• Veteran Members
  • 586 posts
    • Time Online: 32d 22h 46m 33s

Best support for BEWD in quite some time (and Maiden too). The artwork is sick and he looks like he's about to go on a rampage.

news_bellerophongladius.jpg

Ships1.jpg

Ratskin

Ratskin

DNF's ex-resident a-hole

• Veteran Members
  • 2,812 posts
    • Time Online: 148d 14h 59m 51s

It's inferior to Maiden as a piece of support. 

I mean, this isn't amazing. But it's not terrible either. It's average in an above average meta. That's all I really have to say on it. Hell, it could even have been generic materials.

Also to the guy who said that you have to go aggro this format: War Gods.

2r68WSt.png

The Joker will Lock all....

Thanks to someone from CGC.

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• Veteran Members
  • 2,822 posts
    • Time Online: 48d 3h 6m 21s
  • Team:Suibon Fan Club

In a way, I feel like it's kinda its own win condition, just cuz the thing is so bloody hard to get rid of. It's almost guaranteed to get at least 1 Vanilla back out bar a Compulsory, and that's already a ridiculous amount of damage.

Its effect(s) is great, but the best part of it is IMO its stats. 2.5k is good, yeah, but the 3k def is virtually impossible for the actually good XYZs to run over (no, Fran Ken does not qualify as good >_>).

In a way, I think they gave it too many good points, to be honest. It's still not enough to bring Blue-Eyes up to relevancy (ironically, Prophecy/Spellbooks are doing that job), especially considering it's not the easiest thing ever to summon, but it'll sure help.

It is essentially just a beatstick facilitator, but it's damn good at it.

And its art is hella awesome too.

Disclaimer: My strategies aren't good, they're just amusing.

Chaos Swarm

Chaos Swarm

The Ghost of Tyranus

• Banned
  • 7,769 posts

In a way, I feel like it's kinda its own win condition, just cuz the thing is so bloody hard to get rid of. It's almost guaranteed to get at least 1 Vanilla back out bar a Compulsory, and that's already a ridiculous amount of damage.

Its effect(s) is great, but the best part of it is IMO its stats. 2.5k is good, yeah, but the 3k def is virtually impossible for the actually good XYZs to run over (no, Fran Ken does not qualify as good >_>).

In a way, I think they gave it too many good points, to be honest. It's still not enough to bring Blue-Eyes up to relevancy (ironically, Prophecy/Spellbooks are doing that job), especially considering it's not the easiest thing ever to summon, but it'll sure help.

It is essentially just a beatstick facilitator, but it's damn good at it.

And its art is hella awesome too.

It better in hieratic, summon a redmd and finish with this you can tribute him next turn after getting normal and go into messiar bounce redmd and revive him and so on, the "currently" really nerfs him tho

Shreik and Pojo still dont have currently it may not be there in the english version people...hopefully

XqYindA.png

giratina-origin.gif

descuffphoenix

descuffphoenix

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 740 posts
    • Time Online: 28d 4h 36m 45s

This card is lovely in a Blue eyes deck. Especially if you have like 3 Azure-eyes.  Basically I summon the first azure with dragons next to it. And then summon another one. As my opponent desperately try to destroyed them. 

This can push dragon's deck a little bit up because of it "defensive" effect. 

I want to be the very best

Like one way ever waass.

To buy them is my real test, to duel them is my cause!!!

I will travel across the land, Searching far and wide.

For each duel monsters to understand, the heart of the carrdddds!

Yu-gi-oh(gotta buy them all)!!!!

Shadow Dragon666

Shadow Dragon666

Truth seeking Chronoweaver

• Veteran Members
  • 1,270 posts
    • Time Online: 119d 17h 33m 15s

What I love about this card is Thunder End Dragon, get two blue eyes out while his effect is still active and field nuke. 

None of your dragons die, their whole field of monsters goes xD

Shi En The Samurai

Shi En The Samurai

Legendary Master of the Six Samurai

• Veteran Members
  • 533 posts
    • Time Online: 34d 1h 49m 46s
  • Team:[TDT] Dark Thunder
  • Location:Temple of the Six near Shien's Dojo under Shiens Castle of Mist

I was never really a fan of Blue-Eyes but this have made me change my mind.Wondefull artwork and powerfull and usefull effect and in a proper deck easy to summon it such a good card in every aspect thats all I can say. :)

six_sams_sig_by_karakaya87-d6he5gs.gif

Thanks to TheWhite87 for the awesome signature. :) Six Samurai power...

TehThespian

TehThespian

You're my kind of woman

• Veteran Members
  • 1,518 posts
    • Time Online: 69d 20h 53m 16s
  • Facebook:Jose Iglesias (YukiIglesias)
  • Youtube:TehThespian

I love this card. I run two in Spellbooks. I summon it, next turn my opponent has to go on the defensive cause:

-They can't pop it with Dracco or Blaster

-They can't Big Eye it

-They can't discard with Kycoo to destroy it

-They can't use Bahamut to take it

-3000 def is a biotch to get over

-They can't pop it with Heavy Infantry or make Catastor to get over it.

-They have to set up because next turn, this thing will summon a Blue Eyes.

I also love the fact that if you were running a gemini deck, you could bring back Chithonian Dragon and have a double attacking 2400 monster on board. Only think I don't like is that you have to synch with a vanilla dragon. But thats what balances it out I guess. Also I think its great his effect triggers every time he is special summoned, not just when he is synchro summoned.

Narcissisticassesinonegif_cc8855_4959077

kpnut

kpnut

the Cry of the Wind

• Veteran Members
  • 2,878 posts

I love this card. I run two in Spellbooks. I summon it, next turn my opponent has to go on the defensive cause:

-They can't pop it with Dracco or Blaster

-They can't Big Eye it

-They can't discard with Kycoo to destroy it

-They can't use Bahamut to take it

-3000 def is a biotch to get over

-They can't pop it with Heavy Infantry or make Catastor to get over it.

-They have to set up because next turn, this thing will summon a Blue Eyes.

I also love the fact that if you were running a gemini deck, you could bring back Chithonian Dragon and have a double attacking 2400 monster on board. Only think I don't like is that you have to synch with a vanilla dragon. But thats what balances it out I guess. Also I think its great his effect triggers every time he is special summoned, not just when he is synchro summoned.

It doesn't specify vanilla dragon, all you need is 1 non-tuner vanilla, any vanilla.

TehThespian

TehThespian

You're my kind of woman

• Veteran Members
  • 1,518 posts

It doesn't specify vanilla dragon, all you need is 1 non-tuner vanilla, any vanilla.

True, but think about it. WHat other vanillas are you going to be running in a deck that uses this card that arent dragon? Only other card I really see people using to make this is 2 alexandrite dragons.

kpnut

kpnut

the Cry of the Wind

• Veteran Members
  • 2,878 posts

True, but think about it. WHat other vanillas are you going to be running in a deck that uses this card that arent dragon? Only other card I really see people using to make this is 2 alexandrite dragons.

you were talking about prophecy, which means Cosmo Queen.

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• Veteran Members
  • 2,822 posts

I've personally got my eyes on Debris Dragon+Labyrinth Wall/Millennium Shield.

TehThespian

TehThespian

You're my kind of woman

• Veteran Members
  • 1,518 posts

I've personally got my eyes on Debris Dragon+Labyrinth Wall/Millennium Shield.

Something tell me you saw Busfare's video on Box of Friends :D

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• Veteran Members
  • 2,822 posts

Something tell me you saw Busfare's video on Box of Friends :D

Sorry, no idea what you're talking about :P

I was just thinking a lot about Labyrinth Wall recently.

Garcardo

Garcardo

• 103 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 2h 31m 24s

I use it and it's great. :/ Not much else to say about it. 

seraphimaru

seraphimaru

• 29 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 20h 45m 39s

I have to disagree with you..... with the support it has you cannot write it off.....blue eyed maiden makes this card so easy to summon so this card is playable....and its effect makes it give you back the material you lost to summon it.....you said this card stalls..... but that's good... think about you summoning a blue eyes everytime on ur stand-by phase...  

Lastly this card is ment to control not stall....its protection effect activates everytime its special summoned not only on synchro think of possiblities with Call and REDMD

Chaos Swarm

Chaos Swarm

The Ghost of Tyranus

• Banned
  • 7,769 posts

AzureEyesSilverDragon-SD25-JP-UR.png

Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon

Level 9

LIGHT, Dragon/Synchro/Effect

ATK: 2500 DEF: 3000

Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Normal Monsters

When this card is Special Summoned: Dragon-Type monsters you currently control cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects until the end of the next turn. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can target 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

One of the two monsters that makes a BEWD deck actually halfway decent (or good in my opinion) hell it's normal monster (and Gemini) support in general, it's not just limited to BEWD however it is in decks that utilise dragons that this guy gets the most out of its effects. I haven't lost when I've summoned this guy (and now that I've said that the next duel I go into and summon this guy in, I'll probably lose) which proved its power to me, being able to protect your dragons from destruction and effects that target on not just on your turn but your opponent's as well as your next turn is a pretty powerful (and useful) effect and the ability to bring back a beater (usually) is an added bonus, this guy can turn BEWD into a gates boosted Grapha (only with Honest support.)

His attack and defense are also pretty impressive (well attack not so much) being the inverse of BEWD's which makes him pretty durable, however he's probably going to spend most of his time in defense until you decide to finish your opponent off. His protection effect also has a flaw; any effect that doesn't target or destroy (Spellbook of Fate immediately comes to mind) can get through, it's not a big flaw (I can't name too many cards that don't target or destroy in the same effect) and his resurrection ability only applies to vanilla monsters (although that's probably a good thing given REDMD's place on the lists) so it does cut down on his usage as does his summoning conditions. But all in all the pros far outweigh the cons with this guy and thanks to him and Maiden Blue-Eyes is actually relevant, probably.

This card is the nuts in hiearatic...summon it and its instant REDMD next turn with messiar, trishula in 2 turns and a infinite loop with him as long as you have red murder and a lv 6 in hand

XqYindA.png

giratina-origin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.