ShiningEmperorHope

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 3,185 posts
    • Time Online: 127d 14h 6m 49s

300px-BujinMikazuchi-SHSP-JP-OP.png

Level 4, LIGHT, Beast-Warrior/Effect

1900/1500

When a Beast-Warrior-Type "Bujin" monster you control is destroyed by battle or by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. During the End Phase, if a "Bujin" monster was sent from your hand to the Graveyard previously this turn: You can add 1 "Bujin" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only control 1 face-up "Bujin - Mikazuchi".

From Shadow Specters arrives a new War God to compliment his predecessor Yamato. Though best in collaboration with Yamato on the field, which his eff is designed to work with, by grabbing Bujin spells and traps such as Rise of the Bujin for future big plays, he is also nice insurance for when Yamato takes a fall. As a Beast-Warrior War God, receives all the benefits from the Relics. Discuss!!!

Edited by ShiningEmperorHope, 09 July 2013 - 01:00 AM.

http://i.imgur.com/EICTRec.png

Thanks DtHadouken for this awesome sig!

Dart Feld

Dart Feld

War God Overlord

• Veteran Members
  • 1,155 posts
    • Time Online: 102d 20h 49m 39s
  • Team:[BoB] Band of Brothers

Mikazuchi is interesting, specially because it's almost a direct replacement of Vivvit Knight (for those who run him); while Vivvit Knight actually protects Yamato, this card wins for the sole fact that it belongs to the Archetype, and that means a lot considering that he can be supported by all the relics and can be used to summon Susano'o or Kagutsuchi.

The second effect is interesting but maybe we need to wait for the third support pack to take advantage of it completely because we don't have plenty of useful Bujin Spell or Trap cards that we want to run at 3 and use with this guy.

We still have to test a Kagutsuchi build to see what kind of ideas we can get from there; however I do feel that this card will be more useful as Yamato's back-up plan instead of being the core of a dedicated build. Time will tell.

Messier_7.pngWar_God_Emperor_Susanoo.png

Constellar Ptolemy M7           Bujintei - Susano'o

ShiningEmperorHope

ShiningEmperorHope

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 3,185 posts

Mikazuchi is interesting, specially because it's almost a direct replacement of Vivvit Knight (for those who run him); while Vivvit Knight actually protects Yamato, this card wins for the sole fact that it belongs to the Archetype, and that means a lot considering that he can be supported by all the relics and can be used to summon Susano'o or Kagutsuchi.

The second effect is interesting but maybe we need to wait for the third support pack to take advantage of it completely because we don't have plenty of useful Bujin Spell or Trap cards that we want to run at 3 and use with this guy.

We still have to test a Kagutsuchi build to see what kind of ideas we can get from there; however I do feel that this card will be more useful as Yamato's back-up plan instead of being the core of a dedicated build. Time will tell.

I wish Kagutsuchi had either an optional mill or a more controlled mill, it's not even like all the Bujin Relics like being in the grave and then there's the Spells and Traps too. But his destruction protection eff is incredible. Combine that with Hetsuka, backrow protection, and Habakiri and he's nigh-invincible. if only he required any Bujin to summon instead of Beast-Warrior.

Shi En The Samurai

Shi En The Samurai

Legendary Master of the Six Samurai

• Veteran Members
  • 533 posts
    • Time Online: 34d 2h 17m 37s
  • Team:[TDT] Dark Thunder
  • Location:Temple of the Six near Shien's Dojo under Shiens Castle of Mist

Very nice card woth cool artwork and goof effect which will be a prefect addtion to the Bujin's I can't wait the new support to come in DN and use it.The card will be very useful in future for Bujin.

six_sams_sig_by_karakaya87-d6he5gs.gif

Thanks to TheWhite87 for the awesome signature. :) Six Samurai power...

Dart Feld

Dart Feld

War God Overlord

• Veteran Members
  • 1,155 posts
    • Time Online: 102d 20h 49m 39s
  • Team:[BoB] Band of Brothers

I wish Kagutsuchi had either an optional mill or a more controlled mill, it's not even like all the Bujin Relics like being in the grave and then there's the Spells and Traps too. But his destruction protection eff is incredible. Combine that with Hetsuka, backrow protection, and Habakiri and he's nigh-invincible. if only he required any Bujin to summon instead of Beast-Warrior.

I guess we will have to slap a heavier Fire Fist engine in a Kagutsuchi build to make his summon more consistent.

But yeah, the mill is a problem (a controlled mill would have been broken to be honest); specially because you can mill Murakumo or Hetsuka as well as Honest and Habakiri.

Even with a monster heavy-esque Deck, you don't want ANY Bujin in the Graveyard.

Edited by Dart Feld, 09 July 2013 - 01:28 AM.

Messier_7.pngWar_God_Emperor_Susanoo.png

Constellar Ptolemy M7           Bujintei - Susano'o

ShiningEmperorHope

ShiningEmperorHope

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 3,185 posts

I guess we will have to slap a heavier Fire Fist engine in a Kagutsuchi build to make his summon more consistent.

Suppose so though Mikazuchi is obviously there to help. Why don't you make a discussion on some of the Relics? Judgment of the Light's Habakiri, Hetsuka, and Murakumo are nothing short of amazing and from Shadow Specters, I really like Hachi as a nice backrow pop against annoying side-deck spells and traps.

telvin1234

telvin1234

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,272 posts
    • Time Online: 163d 7h 2m 32s
Sucks... at the moment a least.

Like, I was really disappointed after testing this card out.

1. It's search targets stink. First is Rise of the Bujin, a one-of card that is normally dead like 80% of the time, because it means that Yamato has fallen, and we all know how hard that is to accomplish. Next is Apparition, a trap card. That right there automatically means hat we have to wait a whole entire turn just so we get to set the damn thing. While it is alright to recycle any of our Bujins, it's very disappointing that Mikazuchi couldn't at least have the decency to use its effect before the End Phase. And finally, that Cold Wave card. Situational as hell, and ultimately unnecessary, so nobody even runs that. So in conclusion, his effect sucks. Not to mention the fact that he needs Yamato on the field to consistently trigger his effect.y If he got better targets at least, like a Quick Play Spell, that would be appreciated.

2. It's only a name.

So since his effect basically sucks, all we have to look forward to is that it is a Bujin Beast-Warrior. While that is definitely a good thing for when we don't have Tomato, it'ds kind of lame that that is his only real perk. Well, that and that it is the new replacement for Vivvit Knight. Mikazuchi offers an instant replacement when Yamato is destroyed, similar to Vivvit Knight. BUT, it can trigger from destruction effects that don't target, like the Solemn Duo or Torrential Tribute. But that's about its only saving grace... This is personally my only use for it. I only summon him through his effect, unless I feel like going for the new XYZ, or have an absolutely dreadful hand.

So what can I say... I guess my main beef with the card is that its effect sucks, and doesn't even hold a candle to Yamato. While I wasn't expecting something just as broken as Yamato's effect, (Because honestly, what more cod you really ask for) they could have either provided better Bujin S/T, or at the very least allow Mikazuchi's effect to trigger at any point during the turn. That way you could get your S/T during the Battle Phase or so.etching through using Habakiri.

As a result, I'm only using one copy at the moment. Sad part is, that for all my bickering about this card, I'll probably have to one day use 2 copies since stuff like Dark Hole and what not will eventually be favorable again, especially since Bujins do seem like they have a good shot at becoming meta next format.

Edited by telvin1234, 09 July 2013 - 01:34 AM.

F1shies

F1shies

Veteran Member

• 308 posts
    • Time Online: 34d 21h 36m 8s

As a result, I'm only using one copy at the moment. Sad part is, that for all my bickering about this card, I'll probably have to one day use 2 copies since stuff like Dark Hole and what not will eventually be favorable again, especially since Bujins do seem like they have a good shot at becoming meta next format.

I'll only use 1 as well when it hits DN, but I'm afraid I'd almost rather run another Lance instead of more Mikas when mass destruction becomes popular as well. So much potential was wasted on this card. It could've been really cool if it had a better timing or better targets, or an entirely different function. As it is now it's just another thing to trigger your Relics with.

Found in a Destiny Board deck thread:

The D is your win condition

Ratskin

Ratskin

DNF's ex-resident a-hole

• Veteran Members
  • 2,845 posts
    • Time Online: 154d 9h 7m 12s

Am I the only person who thinks this card was actually one of the only things they could really have done for the new Beast-Warrior, and I'm glad they made it so.

The new War God had to match-up to Yamato's legacy, which is hard when Yamato is so ruddy good. It's power isn't that it's effect is good, or that it's targets are great... It's that it's a Beast Warrior that gives more free deck thinning, only in the form of a +1. Which means you are more likely to draw something like Vanity's and win the game.

The archetypes focus will always be on Yamato, but this just makes Yamato all the better: You search out advent with this, and suddenly losing both Yamato and this thing isn't game loss. At worst, it searches free discard fodder to keep a Hikabari in hand.

But given that War Gods likely have one more set worth of stuff, it's still the potential for an amazing card... Assuming we get a good S/T.

2r68WSt.png

The Joker will Lock all....

Thanks to someone from CGC.

MrMcThrasher

MrMcThrasher

Reign In Blood

• Veteran Members
  • 4,026 posts
    • Time Online: 64d 7h 58m 34s
  • Team:[BOB] Band Of Brothers

Am I the only person who thinks this card was actually one of the only things they could really have done for the new Beast-Warrior, and I'm glad they made it so.

The new War God had to match-up to Yamato's legacy, which is hard when Yamato is so ruddy good. It's power isn't that it's effect is good, or that it's targets are great... It's that it's a Beast Warrior that gives more free deck thinning, only in the form of a +1. Which means you are more likely to draw something like Vanity's and win the game.

The archetypes focus will always be on Yamato, but this just makes Yamato all the better: You search out advent with this, and suddenly losing both Yamato and this thing isn't game loss. At worst, it searches free discard fodder to keep a Hikabari in hand.

But given that War Gods likely have one more set worth of stuff, it's still the potential for an amazing card... Assuming we get a good S/T.

Well the one card XYZ is...okay.  The recycling trap is nice too since it is chainable.  You're right on the S/T support being less than spectacular though.

f3aHfUG.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.