• Time Online: 55d 7h 6m 9s

300px-MaidenwithEyesofBlue-SD25-JP-SR.pn

Maiden with Eyes of Blue

LIGHT

Spellcaster/Tuner

Effect

Lv.1

ATK: 0/DEF: 0

When this card is targeted for an attack: You can negate the attack, and if you do, change this card's battle position, then you can Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard. When this face-up card is targeted by a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard. You can only use 1 "Maiden with Eyes of Blue" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

...Why not Blue-Eyed Maiden?

Anywho, this is a monster that will be released as a part of a new structure deck that is coming out in the TCG on 9/13/2013. The Saga of Blue-Eyes White Dragon, a structure deck that is specifically tailored to support one of the most iconic monsters in the game. 

It's...An interesting card to say the least, and to be honest, I'm not quite sure how I feel about the card. On one hand, I love it as a support card and I think it's exactly what Blue-Eyes White Dragon needs. Could also be useful in a Chaos Dragon variant perhaps, though I myself have never used her in one. On the other hand, this is a card that could very easily become broken. Granted, as awesome as the structure deck will be, perhaps, Blue-Eyes White Dragon will probably not make that much of an impact on the game as a whole and who knows? Maybe this card will just forever be regarded as a cute, if awesome, support card. 

What I'm worried about is that Maiden with Blue-Eyes might end up making dragons as a whole even more stupidly strong than they are now, if not in the future. It's no secret that dragons are a very, very strong and well-supported type with hundreds of decks and cards that work surprisingly well with one another, especially in Chaos Dragon decks where this monster could potentially see some use, if not now, then in the future. And maybe Heiratics, but I don't know all that much about the archetype, so I won't comment further.

I'll admit, I haven't used this monster too extensively yet, so maybe these worries are unfounded and I just have no idea what I'm talking about. It's no secret that I'm no "pro" at this game and I certainly don't claim to have lots of knowledge of the workings of the "meta", especially of a "metagame" like in Yu-Gi-Oh's where it can change drastically in a span of only a few months. 

In-short, I like this card, I really do. But it does have the potential to become a very busted monster card.

But enough gloom and doom.

Why is this card so great? Well, for one, no matter what, you -will- be able to summon a Blue-Eyes White Dragon, so there's really no "risk" to using this monster. The only real way your opponent will be able to stop this monster from summoning Blue-Eyes is by somehow forcing it face-down, but let's be honest, how often do you -really- see Book of Moon nowadays?

Another neat thing about this card is that it doesn't specify that it has to be your -opponent's- card effects. So if you want, you can activate, say, Wonder Wand or even Safe Zone and trigger her effect yourself. Heck, the card doesn't even mention that it has to be your -opponent- that's doing the attacking. So you can trigger her effect yourself by just having one of your monsters attack Maiden with Eyes of Blue.

She's also a tuner on top of all this, so you can summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon and then Synchro Summon Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon and then use his effect to bring back that Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Indeed, Maiden with Eyes of Blue is a very strong and surprisingly versatile card, and, in-spite of my worries, I look forward to similar support cards should Konami follow suit with a Dark Magician structure deck in the future.

Edited by The Witty Phantom, 31 July 2013 - 12:02 AM.

AshBunLuv

AshBunLuv

~ Just Ash ~

• Veteran Members
  • 3,652 posts
    • Time Online: 194d 19h 23m 57s
  • Team:Team Ragnarok [TR]

I like this card. My Blue-Eyes Spellbook deck works awesome with this card. Besides, I like its artwork.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Witty Phantom

The Witty Phantom

Elite Member

• 1,430 posts

I like this card. My Blue-Eyes Spellbook deck works awesome with this card. Besides, I like its artwork.

Now that's an interesting-sounding deck.

I too like the art. My only real complaint is the name, really. It's just needlessly wordy and awkward. Blue-Eyed Maiden or Blue-Eyes Maiden is much better. It could just be her OCG name, but according to the wiki, it's her TCG name, apparently.

Kraziub

Kraziub

I've seen a lot of things, but this... this is a first

• Veteran Members
  • 3,569 posts
    • Time Online: 124d 4h 12m 2s
  • Youtube:Kraziub
  • Team:No

Blue-Eyed Maiden was the original name

Then this happened

Edited by Kraziub, 31 July 2013 - 12:05 AM.

Milk Milk Milk a milk milk milk a milkalodeon

kpnut

kpnut

the Cry of the Wind

• Veteran Members
  • 2,878 posts
    • Time Online: 302d 5h 15m 12s

This card is some awesome support for BEWD, I've used her quite a bit in my BEWD synchro deck (although one time I forgot I summoning Maiden and set her instead of just summoning her which delayed my plans a bit) and she is pretty damn handy to have around and is a pretty good stall card (your opponent isn't really going to be willing to attack her when they know that doing so will spawn a 3000 attack point beater.)

So yeah an all round awesome card that I don't think will get too much grief.

Also Maiden with Eyes of Blue is a stupid name, they should go back to calling her Blue-Eyed Maiden.

ShiningEmperorHope

ShiningEmperorHope

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 3,183 posts
    • Time Online: 126d 14h 42m 29s

Stupidly designed card just to give an otherwise irrelevant yet iconic monster good enough support. Still hate it's guts for it though.

http://i.imgur.com/EICTRec.png

Thanks DtHadouken for this awesome sig!

Dalek Rek

Dalek Rek

• 118 posts
    • Time Online: 34d 2m 29s

I love this card, I just hate it's stats. It being a level 1 LIGHT Spellcaster ends up making it so the most useful builds of Blue-Eyes end up being either the Spellbook version (yay more two hour turns of spell spamming) or level 1 chaos build (which basically adds up to stalling with battle fader gorz and trag for half the duel) 

I love blue-eyes decks, but those two playstyles annoy the ever-living hell out of me

Posted Image

The Witty Phantom

The Witty Phantom

Elite Member

• 1,430 posts

I love this card, I just hate it's stats. It being a level 1 LIGHT Spellcaster ends up making it so the most useful builds of Blue-Eyes end up being either the Spellbook version (yay more two hour turns of spell spamming) or level 1 chaos build (which basically adds up to stalling with battle fader gorz and trag for half the duel) 

I love blue-eyes decks, but those two playstyles annoy the ever-living hell out of me

How would a Blue-Eyes White Dragon/Spellbook deck work anyhow? Granted, it's been a while since I've last played with Prophecy cards, but I remember them being very...Exclusive in that they were mostly made to work with each or act as indirect support for other spellcasters and spellcaster decks.

Stupidly designed card

I wouldn't go -that- far. I should've clarified in my original post, but I'm not worried about Blue-Eyes White Dragon. As a support card for Blue-Eyes White Dragon, she's awesome, but ultimately harmless when you step back and look at the big picture. I'm just worried about the effect she might have in the future on the "meta" as dragons receive more and more support. It's kinda' hard for me to explain, but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to get at. 

As I've said, she can potentially be terribly broken in the right dragon deck, mainly a Chaos Dragon deck. I'd just hate to see such an awesome support card for one of Yu-Gi-Oh's iconic monsters be banned or limited because of Konami's lack of foresight.

Myself? I'm more of a fan of Red-Eyes Black Dragon, but I do understand that Kaiba's "waifu" has his fans and I'd imagine it'd suck for those fans of the monster if Maiden with Blue-Eyes gets backhanded hard by the forbidden list.

HikariOblivion

HikariOblivion

Fiends, Let's bring them Hell.

• Veteran Members
  • 2,125 posts
    • Time Online: 290d 5h 53m 23s
  • Team:Team Elemental Mistress (TEM)

I just hope E-Tele doesn't end up on the chopping block for Maiden. That combo IS kind of stupid though. 

For the record: Summon Maiden, E-Tele, summon Risebell, target Maiden summon BEWD, synchro Maiden + Rise for Ancient Sacred Wyvern, attack with BEWD, swing with Wyvern for game. 

Edited by HikariOblivion, 31 July 2013 - 01:40 AM.

Free at last, time to begin. 

Signed and sealed, this time we will win. 

Corrupt and Conquer in the name of the Emperor!

The Witty Phantom

The Witty Phantom

Elite Member

• 1,430 posts

I just hope E-Tele doesn't end up on the chopping block for Maiden. That combo IS kind of stupid though. 

For the record: Summon Maiden, E-Tele, summon Risebell, target Maiden summon BEWD, synchro Maiden + Rise for Ancient Sacred Wyvern, attack with BEWD, swing with Wyvern for game. 

Oh, wow, yeah, that could be nasty, could it? But, I dunno', it seems pretty easy to stop and I'd imagine you'd need a very specific kind of deck to pull it off.

ShiningEmperorHope

ShiningEmperorHope

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 3,183 posts
    • Time Online: 126d 14h 42m 29s

How would a Blue-Eyes White Dragon/Spellbook deck work anyhow? Granted, it's been a while since I've last played with Prophecy cards, but I remember them being very...Exclusive in that they were mostly made to work with each or act as indirect support for other spellcasters and spellcaster decks.

I wouldn't go -that- far. I should've clarified in my original post, but I'm not worried about Blue-Eyes White Dragon. As a support card for Blue-Eyes White Dragon, she's awesome, but ultimately harmless when you step back and look at the big picture. I'm just worried about the effect she might have in the future on the "meta" as dragons receive more and more support. It's kinda' hard for me to explain, but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to get at. 

As I've said, she can potentially be terribly broken in the right dragon deck, mainly a Chaos Dragon deck. I'd just hate to see such an awesome support card for one of Yu-Gi-Oh's iconic monsters be banned or limited because of Konami's lack of foresight.

Myself? I'm more of a fan of Red-Eyes Black Dragon, but I do understand that Kaiba's "waifu" has his fans and I'd imagine it'd suck for those fans of the monster if Maiden with Blue-Eyes gets backhanded hard by the forbidden list.

It's abusive enough, and just generally unpleasant to deal with in a duel, balanced only by the fact that's strictly support for a specific monster that is otherwise a 2-tribute 3000 ATK vanilla. And wow I haven't seen you in a while. 

http://i.imgur.com/EICTRec.png

Thanks DtHadouken for this awesome sig!

The Witty Phantom

The Witty Phantom

Elite Member

• 1,430 posts

It's abusive enough, and just generally unpleasant to deal with in a duel, balanced only by the fact that's strictly support for a specific monster that is otherwise a 2-tribute 3000 ATK vanilla. And wow I haven't seen you in a while. 

Hrm, yeah, I guess that's true. Tbh, I don't know too many dragon decks that would make room for Blue-Eyes White Dragon, whether competitive or even semi-competitive. Even still, with the existence of Xyz Monsters and general "beatstick-y" nature of dragon-types, it could have the potential to be problematic.

And, yeah, stuff happened, but I'm back.

Shi En The Samurai

Shi En The Samurai

Legendary Master of the Six Samurai

• Veteran Members
  • 533 posts
    • Time Online: 34d 2h 4m 7s
  • Team:[TDT] Dark Thunder
  • Location:Temple of the Six near Shien's Dojo under Shiens Castle of Mist

I like this card artwork and the effect is really good support for Blue-Eyes Series and she can be used in some mix decks even I that wasn fan of Blu-Eyes have made a deck just because of her and Azure Silver. :)

six_sams_sig_by_karakaya87-d6he5gs.gif

Thanks to TheWhite87 for the awesome signature. :) Six Samurai power...

The Witty Phantom

The Witty Phantom

Elite Member

• 1,430 posts

Blue-Eyed Maiden was the original name

Then this happened

Okay, so I've yet to watch the -whole- thing, but...

"I activate the spell card Enemy Controller! By sacrificing 1000 of my life points, I can destroy one monster on your side of the field!"

lolwut

"I summon Maiden with Blu-Blue Eyes of Blue!"

I see Kaiba's an honorary member of the Redundancy Department of Redundancy.

Emolga_18

Emolga_18

"Cursed Children"

• Veteran Members
  • 7,409 posts
    • Time Online: 77d 2h 36m 14s
  • Facebook:PM me.
  • Twitter:PM me.
  • Youtube:PM me.
  • Team:[VS] Volt Switch (Captain)

As always, Konami gives TCG names too horrible... It should be Blue-Eyed Maiden... As for the Card, I like the artwork. The only Card that can stop this are Cards that don't target like Dark Hole, Torrential Tribute etc.

Dabestdood

Dabestdood

• 53 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 36m 21s

Good card with good art

The Witty Phantom

The Witty Phantom

Elite Member

• 1,430 posts

So, I realized not that long ago that I'm an idiot. The next forbidden list would be released in September, which is the same month this monster would be released in the TCG, so there's a chance that it would be put on the list somewhere preemptively if Konami shares the same concerns I do. It probably won't, though, knowing how Konami works, but it's still something to think about.

Also, from what I've read on various sites, this card is making quite a stir in the OCG. A big one, actually. Why that is, I don't know. I really don't have much knowledge of the OCG "meta" aside from a few ruling differences.

As always, Konami gives TCG names too horrible... It should be Blue-Eyed Maiden... As for the Card, I like the artwork. The only Card that can stop this are Cards that don't target like Dark Hole, Torrential Tribute etc.

Huh, I somehow completely missed that she has to be -targeted- by a card's effect in order her own to activate. Hmmm...Well, if that's the case, then it would seem I'm making mountains out of molehills here, what with all the mass-destruction that is rampant in today's game.

Auke1993

Auke1993

3000 Brigade

• In-Game Administrator
  • 7,428 posts
    • Time Online: 364d 2h 25m 29s
  • Facebook:Auke1993
  • Twitter:Auke1993
  • Youtube:Auke1993
  • Team:3000 Brigade

I haven't started using myself, but I've seen it used in Spellbooks where it works very well.

It also has an OTK that can be used with it. I don't think Konami had thought about that when designing the card.

I like the card, and I like the overall new cards in the new Structure Deck, especially the Spells and Traps.

But Maiden with Eyes of Blue is there as well, and she's a force to be reckoned with.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Auke1993

EurekaTeamRockets_zpsb7a78274.png                  SaveAudino.png

MrMcThrasher

MrMcThrasher

Reign In Blood

• Veteran Members
  • 4,026 posts
    • Time Online: 64d 7h 58m 34s
  • Team:[BOB] Band Of Brothers

That sentence is pretty silly, since it implies you attempted a Blue-Eyes Spellbook deck before this card existed :/

f3aHfUG.gif

Sir Ice

Sir Ice

• 37 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 2h 55m 44s
  • Team:[RSW] Rising Warriors
I've made a level 8 xyz blue eyes\hiertic dragons deck and it is amazing. Honestly, this card is beyond amazing considering it is rediculously hard to get rid of without dealing with a special summoned beat stick which later turns into azure eyes, which is an instant silvers cry every standby. But all of this would have been way slower had maiden not been created. I can see a good blue eyes deck turn into a top tier with the right care and deck.

Team Rising Warriors Co-Leader

The Witty Phantom

The Witty Phantom

Elite Member

• 1,430 posts

I can see a good blue eyes deck turn into a top tier with the right care and deck.

It already is in the OCG, or at least, it's making its way up there. I don't think it'll be Tier 0, mind, but I foresee it becoming Tier 1-2 in the TCG. But that's just me.

Ratskin

Ratskin

DNF's ex-resident a-hole

• Veteran Members
  • 2,823 posts
    • Time Online: 150d 13h 32m 15s

Isn't it Blue-Eyes spellbooks that's the good deck in the OCG, and not pure BEWD?

Which means it becomes managable without Judgment I'd recon. 

As for the card herself...

She's undoubtably amazing support, and she is a pain to get around, given she makes a 3k body float.

But... I'm just wondering how I feel about it's design. On the one hand it's a single target, requires player interaction in a way, and is harmless in and of itself.

But on the other hand it feels borked. Very borked.

I'm not going to tell her to burn in a pit of fire... but lower numbers at least.

2r68WSt.png

The Joker will Lock all....

Thanks to someone from CGC.

The Witty Phantom

The Witty Phantom

Elite Member

• 1,430 posts

Isn't it Blue-Eyes spellbooks that's the good deck in the OCG, and not pure BEWD?

Possibly, now that I think about it.

She's undoubtably amazing support, and she is a pain to get around, given she makes a 3k body float.

But... I'm just wondering how I feel about it's design. On the one hand it's a single target, requires player interaction in a way, and is harmless in and of itself.

But on the other hand it feels borked. Very borked.

I'm not going to tell her to burn in a pit of fire... but lower numbers at least.

Well, for me, I can just see this card's effect becoming stupidly easy to abuse in future non-Blue-Eyes White Dragon-crentric dragon decks, which can put a rather size-able dent in the future "meta". If Konami doesn't want this card to be busted, then they would have to -really- mind how they design future dragon-type support cards and monsters.

TheSterlingZ

TheSterlingZ

• 160 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 23h 58m 55s
  • Team:Galaxy Endo

This card makes BEWD good an anoying and an abused card

alexbc

alexbc

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 582 posts
    • Time Online: 62d 11h 18m 31s

I really like the card, and I like the Chaos Piper BEWD deck but I really hate the name change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.