Photo

Felgrand the Divine Dragon Knight

Best Answer Armand Star, 02 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

the effect "resolves" without affecting Felgrand

The reason behind this question is the forbidden dress ruling, were if you chain dress to a targeting effect the effect still resolves as normal so I am wondering if that ruling applies to Felgrand.

forbidden prevents targetting. if you chain it, the monster was already targetted. dress doesn't negate or prevent effects from resolving.

Felgrand grants inmunity including via chaining when he's targetted

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Aaron1997

Aaron1997

• 230 posts
    • Time Online: 53d 11h 26m 38s

So if my opponent activate a card effect that target this card. If I chain Felgrand to make it unaffected by card effects. Does the opponents card effect still resolve as normal?

The reason behind this question is the forbidden dress ruling, were if you chain dress to a targeting effect the effect still resolves as normal so I am wondering if that ruling applies to Felgrand.

Edited by Aaron1997, 02 August 2013 - 07:50 PM.

If you are Christian and not afraid to admit it, Put this in your sig! GOD FTW!!!

Armand Star

Armand Star

The Storming Star

• Veteran Members
  • 6,909 posts
    • Time Online: 230d 14h 37m 49s
✓  Best Answer

the effect "resolves" without affecting Felgrand

forbidden prevents targetting. if you chain it, the monster was already targetted. dress doesn't negate or prevent effects from resolving.

Felgrand grants inmunity including via chaining when he's targetted

Edited by Armand Star, 02 August 2013 - 07:57 PM.

uCFsoOa.jpg

I just happen to be playing along with your game without realizing it, and in the end, I fell into your trap simply because I hadn't realized the circumstances of the conversation

you're like the puppet master, orchestrating this entire conversation as you please to make it what you want it to be

You're probably going to have to provide an answer before Star will let you go. Or you could run.
You're infamous for being hardcore casual

kinhcan1002

kinhcan1002

Ruling Addiction

• Veteran Members
  • 639 posts
    • Time Online: 19d 5h 48m 29s
  • Team:UNKNOWN

"Cannot be targeted" vs "Unaffected" is different.

If you chain a "cannot be targeted" effect (such as "Forbidden Dress") to a targeting effect (like "Compulsory Evacuation Device"), the effect will resolve properly since the monster is already targeted for the activation of effect.

If you chain an "unaffected" effect (such as "Forbidden Lance") to an effect (no matter its effect target or not, like "Compulsory Evacuation Device" or "Fissure"), the effect won't affect your monster since it's invulnerable to the effect.

---$ It's not right, but it's OK... $---

uthaiwit

uthaiwit

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 941 posts
    • Time Online: 10d 9h 8m 54s
  • Facebook:Uthaiwit Preutthipan
If felgrand knight use his eff to himself
Will him unaffect from other card or his eff will be negate?

My Ace Deck

1] Chaos zera

2] The Grinder

kinhcan1002

kinhcan1002

Ruling Addiction

• Veteran Members
  • 639 posts
    • Time Online: 19d 5h 48m 29s
  • Team:UNKNOWN

It will be unaffected by other cards effects, also its effect is negated.

The unaffected effect is some kind of Lingering effect, so it's still applied even the effect of this card would be negated.

---$ It's not right, but it's OK... $---

Skulblaka98

Skulblaka98

Elite Member

• Ruling Guru
  • 1,542 posts
    • Time Online: 51d 1h 18m 28s

Felgrand says "do A, also, do B". A and B happen simultaneously. So Felgrand places the lingering protection effect and negates its own effects at the same time. It's effects will be negated, and it will be unaffected by other cards' effects.

See my profile for every ruling link you ever wanted!

BaroqueZwei: It's like that one trunk that Mad-Eye Moody had, only there's rulings stuff and tests in it instead of trussed-up owners. /Harry-Potter

Quotes of epicness:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.