• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Lightning Laxus

Lightning Laxus

Lightning Dragon Slayer

• Veteran Members
  • 928 posts
    • Time Online: 134d 1h 35m 23s

I am a huge Synchro fan so when I was looking through the cards for Judgment of the Light, I noticed this interesting card.

v67uo1.png

Armades, Keeper of Boundaries

Level 5/LIGHT/Fiend/Synchro/Effect

ATK/2300 DEF/1500

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

What I like about this card:

● It is a Lv. 5 Synchro Monster.

Now-a-days, Lv. 5 & 8 Synchro monsters are the most popular due to the popularity of Rank/Level 4s & 7s. The basic Formula to Summon a Lv. 5 or 8 Synchro Monster is any Lv. 4 or 7 + Effect Veiler, which is the most popular Lv. 1 Tuner monster.

● It stops Damage Step Abuse.

With the new support of Bujins and Fire Fists, along with Beast-Warrior Types getting really popular, Damage Step abuse would be everywhere. This card stops them in their track.

● It stops Flip, Trigger and Trigger-Like effects.

You can attack with no fear of Battle Fader, Swift Scarecrow, searchers such as Sangan (*sheds single tear*), Bear, Ghostrick Lantern & Specter, Ryko, etc. etc. etc.

● It stops them even if it gets attacked.

Stops things like Crimson Blader, Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear, Goyo Guardian, etc.

● It only prevents your opponent from activating any cards and effects.

Do you have ANY idea how good that is? You can declare an attack, then activate Compulsory and your opponent can't chain it. You can attack, then activate Call of the Haunted and your opponent can't do anything about it.

If you have Armedas and a Set Mirror Force, and your opponent has Stardust Dragon and Absolute Zero, if they attack Armedas and you activate Mirror Force, Stardust Dragon cannot negate it and Absolute Zero's effect cannot be activated when its destroyed. WOW.

What I don't like about this card:

● Weak Stats.

ATK/2300 DEF/1500 these days isn't much.

● It only works for its own battles.

Your opponent can still Mirror Force it when another monster declares an attack.

● Outside of its battles, it's defenseless.

It doesn't have any protection so its vulnerable to monster removal, monster negation, and No. 11 Big Eye :|

Edited by Lightning Laxus, 07 August 2013 - 11:04 PM.

https://testmoz.com/167770 - My Ruling & Game Mechanics Exam, see how far you stand!

(HIGHEST SCORE: 72/100 by "Argor42". You think you can beat that?)

25insx4.jpg

Cuatro Espada - Ulquiorra Schiffer

delete2.gif  CeroOscuras.gif  gif_230x134_6ab663.gif

Aaron1997

Aaron1997

• 231 posts
    • Time Online: 54d 5h 2m 34s

One thing to take note that if a monster attacks Armades, if you activate something like mirror force, your opponent can't response to the mirror force. Its because once they attack, they can't activate anything but you still can.

Edited by Aaron1997, 03 August 2013 - 04:54 PM.

If you are Christian and not afraid to admit it, Put this in your sig! GOD FTW!!!

Squezze

Squezze

Killer of Boredom

• Veteran Members
  • 928 posts
    • Time Online: 40d 6h 23m 29s
  • Team:♛ SWAG ♛

Honest target.

308fvjr.png

I know you may not believe this, but I'm human. And yet... I want to eat this so bad, I can't help it. But if I do, I won't be human anymore.

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• Veteran Members
  • 2,817 posts
    • Time Online: 47d 23h 30m 34s
  • Team:Suibon Fan Club

I knew we already had one of these

It's not updated with the TCG name and the pic is broken, but the thread already exists. Merge maybe?

Disclaimer: My strategies aren't good, they're just amusing.

Leishoshwanio

Leishoshwanio

Duel Network's Teenage Robot

• Veteran Members
  • 6,299 posts
    • Time Online: 319d 9h 31m 46s
  • Team:Doesn't matter now...

At first I thought this was "just another Ancient Gear (with monster prevention)" but...working when it is attacked is interesting. Maybe I should consider this a bit more because I don't like Bujin since well I find this more fitting in a select few decks than Catastor...

I do wonder if this'll get a DARK Synchro counterpart with a similar effect (like immunity to stuff while it's not the Battle Phase or w/e...)

Jenny_stamp_1_by_teenagerobotfan777.gif

5KPor.png
CLmPvhS.png

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Z

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Z

• 85 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 22h 29m 8s

I can't believe how lazy Konami is...

LavaltheGreater-HA05-EN-ScR-UE.png

Posted Image

Lightning Laxus

Lightning Laxus

Lightning Dragon Slayer

• Veteran Members
  • 928 posts

I can't believe how lazy Konami is...

LavaltheGreater-HA05-EN-ScR-UE.png

How is that lazy??

https://testmoz.com/167770 - My Ruling & Game Mechanics Exam, see how far you stand!

25insx4.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Z

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Z

• 85 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 22h 29m 8s

How is that lazy??

Compare the art for Laval The Greater to Armades...

Posted Image

TheGimmick

TheGimmick

Wyrm Civilization

• Veteran Members
  • 2,801 posts
    • Time Online: 220d 19h 14m 33s
  • Team:I am a one-man show.
Frozen Fitzgerald is crying right now.

Click on a card to learn about their archetype!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Shi En The Samurai

Shi En The Samurai

Legendary Master of the Six Samurai

• Veteran Members
  • 533 posts
    • Time Online: 34d 1h 47m 49s
  • Team:[TDT] Dark Thunder
  • Location:Temple of the Six near Shien's Dojo under Shiens Castle of Mist

About the artwork I can agree that it is a copy of Laval but for the effect I cant seem to like it.It is nothing so special for me yes it will has its moments but very rear and most of the time he wont do any good well at least in my opinion. :)

six_sams_sig_by_karakaya87-d6he5gs.gif

Thanks to TheWhite87 for the awesome signature. :) Six Samurai power...

Mr. Gentleman

Mr. Gentleman

• 185 posts
    • Time Online: 9d 5h 55m 14s

I honestly expected better of Armades, being linked to its Xyz counterparts Adreus and Tiras. If it were something like this:

When this card is Synchro Summoned, while it remains face-up on the field or in the Graveyard: Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects during the Battle Phase.

Then a more useful card without the weaknesses of the current Armades is in the offing. But in keeping with the sissified releases of JOTL, this card is weak and paltry too. What a waste of cardboard.

wordpress-funny-gifs-have-ever-been-so-m

What a pitiful ragenerd. Don't be like Daffy Duck. He sucks.

The Witty Phantom

The Witty Phantom

Elite Member

• 1,430 posts
    • Time Online: 55d 7h 6m 9s

When this card is Synchro Summoned, while it remains face-up on the field or in the Graveyard: Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects during the Battle Phase.

Yes, because that's not busted at all...

The card's fine as is. Is it a "must have" Synchro Monster in your extra deck? Maybe, maybe not, but it does have its uses and I can see it seeing some use in a few decks. 

Mr. Gentleman

Mr. Gentleman

• 185 posts
    • Time Online: 9d 5h 55m 14s

Yes, because that's not busted at all...

How do you expect Synchro-based decks to compete then? Besides, this is nothing Prophecy or Dragon Rulers can't handle, so what's the big deal?

wordpress-funny-gifs-have-ever-been-so-m

What a pitiful ragenerd. Don't be like Daffy Duck. He sucks.

The Witty Phantom

The Witty Phantom

Elite Member

• 1,430 posts

How do you expect Synchro-based decks to compete then? Besides, this is nothing Prophecy or Dragon Rulers can't handle, so what's the big deal?

Synchro-based decks are doing just fine. Okay, sure, I mean, if you're looking at it from a strictly "uber-competitive" view, then perhaps not. But just because a deck isn't competitive doesn't mean it's a "bad" deck. There are plenty of really solid decks out there that aren't Elemental Dragons or Prophecy decks.

Would I like for there to be a very competitive synchro-based deck...? Of course. But let's not try and break the game doing so. Konami already does a swell job of that.

(Looks at Spellbook of Judgment).

Edited by The Witty Phantom, 08 August 2013 - 05:27 AM.

Armand Star

Armand Star

The Storming Star

• Veteran Members
  • 6,966 posts
    • Time Online: 239d 8h 26m 56s

no thanks

speaking of weakness, i rather have the current one that gets protection including when re-summoned from the graveyard after being removed from the field

Synchro Spam, or a new deck that focuses on syncho summons.  besides, for that matter, most cards are "nothing Prophecy or Dragon Rulers can't handle" , so what's the big deal?

uCFsoOa.jpg

I just happen to be playing along with your game without realizing it, and in the end, I fell into your trap simply because I hadn't realized the circumstances of the conversation

you're like the puppet master, orchestrating this entire conversation as you please to make it what you want it to be

You're probably going to have to provide an answer before Star will let you go. Or you could run.
You're infamous for being hardcore casual

Suibon

Suibon

Dead and Gone

• Veteran Members
  • 1,827 posts
    • Time Online: 89d 20h 21m 52s

Synchro-based decks are doing just fine. Okay, sure, I mean, if you're looking at it from a strictly "uber-competitive" view, then perhaps not. But just because a deck isn't competitive doesn't mean it's a "bad" deck. There are plenty of really solid decks out there that aren't Elemental Dragons or Prophecy decks.

Would I like for there to be a very competitive synchro-based deck...? Of course. But let's not try and break the game doing so. Konami already does a swell job of that.

Look this way, then -- no wit can save you now.

Edited by Suibon, 08 August 2013 - 03:23 PM.

I -- 0

Everything is exploding.

0 -- I

The Witty Phantom

The Witty Phantom

Elite Member

• 1,430 posts

Look this way, then -- no wit can save you now.

So, I'm just going to pretend I didn't read that.

MK_ultra

MK_ultra

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ spearchucker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Veteran Members
  • 3,859 posts
    • Time Online: 127d 18h 41m 54s

i puilled this card at the sneak peek and it's actually a solid card. it's not on the level of catastor, but it's decent.

TTCvoJt.png

[9:53:25 PM] ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! %6: [11:53:05 PM] genexwrecker: i dont mini mod =_=

Lightning Laxus

Lightning Laxus

Lightning Dragon Slayer

• Veteran Members
  • 928 posts

I'm NOT saying this is official but... I found these:

http://i.imgur.com/lV6LpqI.jpg 

http://imgur.com/dLaK8FX

I have no idea how to read Japanese but judging by the Numbers underneath the big Japanese Letters thingies (1, 2, 3), I'm assuming these are the new Limited, Semi-Limited and Unlimited Cards for the upcoming Banlist.

Glow-Up Bulb is underneath the "3" section. If this is True, then this card would be much more playable.

25insx4.jpg

vlaine-batteryman-

vlaine-batteryman-

• 123 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 14h 4m 41s
  • Youtube:vla1ne

I'm NOT saying this is official but... I found these:

http://i.imgur.com/lV6LpqI.jpg

http://imgur.com/dLaK8FX

I have no idea how to read Japanese but judging by the Numbers underneath the big Japanese Letters thingies (1, 2, 3), I'm assuming these are the new Limited, Semi-Limited and Unlimited Cards for the upcoming Banlist.

Glow-Up Bulb is underneath the "3" section. If this is True, then this card would be much more playable.

Any list with glow-up at 3 is more than likely counterfeit. It could be real, there's always the chance, but if it is, then unless the ban/ limited list plans on getting a ton of new tenants, then I'm absolutely sure that list is either fake, or not the ban list.

"WHY DOES EVERYONE I LOVE DIE?!!"

reuploaded.gif
"Because someone else loves you and is very possessive..."

my pokemon
By the way, my DS code is 4957-4003-0345, tell me via PM If you want to add me.

Lightning Laxus

Lightning Laxus

Lightning Dragon Slayer

• Veteran Members
  • 928 posts

Any list with glow-up at 3 is more than likely counterfeit. It could be real, there's always the chance, but if it is, then unless the ban/ limited list plans on getting a ton of new tenants, then I'm absolutely sure that list is either fake, or not the ban list.

Yup it's fake.

25insx4.jpg

MrMcThrasher

MrMcThrasher

Reign In Blood

• Veteran Members
  • 4,011 posts
    • Time Online: 64d 1h 44m 12s
  • Team:[BOB] Band Of Brothers

I actually agree with Mr.Gentleman for once.  It's not even a matter of making Synchro Decks "competitive" either, but rather making a meh card freaking fantastic.

f3aHfUG.gif

7hhzz7

7hhzz7

Soul Survivor

• Tournament Organizer
  • 2,295 posts
    • Time Online: 202d 12h 25m 45s
  • Team:KORT Co-Lead

The attack/type of this card sucks. Adreus is the better Keeper :P. i mean it negating stuff while in battle is cool though it doesn't stop main phase stuff :/

1PYz2D1.jpg

Rasten

Rasten

Ratskin #2

• Veteran Members
  • 560 posts
    • Time Online: 49d 12h 14m 36s

The attack/type of this card sucks. Adreus is the better Keeper :P. i mean it negating stuff while in battle is cool though it doesn't stop main phase stuff :/

Yes Main phase stuff like Priestess for example.

!Future Ruling Guru! (Work and dedication pay off eventually!)

MpY4FEJ.png

7hhzz7

7hhzz7

Soul Survivor

• Tournament Organizer
  • 2,295 posts
    • Time Online: 202d 12h 25m 45s
  • Team:KORT Co-Lead

Yes Main phase stuff like Priestess for example.

Compulse, BTH, TT, BoM, etc D:

1PYz2D1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.