Photo

Dueling Network Administration Exam 2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
751 replies to this topic

zaziuma

zaziuma

Elite Member

Got into a big argument at locals tonight over whether Herald of Perfection could negate Breakthrough Skill's in-grave effect (which it can't). It's too bad "I passed the DN admin exam" and "I passed the RC-1 test" hold no sway in determining your trustworthiness when it comes to ruling questions.

Easy Ruling, since it isn't an activation (you only activate when you play them to the field) it won't be able to negate it.

Aratanax

Aratanax

Veteran Member

I was wondering... do you get a message if the Head Admins decide not to interview you at all?

rin6

rin6

Well GOODLUCK for those people who will be taking the exam...hope you guys will do well.. :)

Hydra Ruin

Hydra Ruin

This question has probably been answered so many times, but (not too sure how to word this) how long is it between exams? Like after this one ends, how long is it until the next one pops up.

Again, this has to have been already asked, unless its common knowledge (then im just an idiot haha) so I apologise.

b56ubL3.png

Decks I use: Gladiator Beasts, Amazoness, Agents, Twilight Deck, Six Samurai, Infernity, Steelswarm
DN Username: Hydra ruin
Here to help anyone who needs it.

Be sure to check out my trade list! >>> Click Here <<<

(TCG)Tombstone

(TCG)Tombstone

The Exiled Tombstone

• Team:[ATL]:Atlas

This question has probably been answered so many times, but (not too sure how to word this) how long is it between exams? Like after this one ends, how long is it until the next one pops up.

Again, this has to have been already asked, unless its common knowledge (then im just an idiot haha) so I apologise.

usually they only take it down when the new one is available

though that's only what i heard.

Hydra Ruin

Hydra Ruin

Ahhhhh that makes sense!

Cheers!

b56ubL3.png

Decks I use: Gladiator Beasts, Amazoness, Agents, Twilight Deck, Six Samurai, Infernity, Steelswarm
DN Username: Hydra ruin
Here to help anyone who needs it.

Be sure to check out my trade list! >>> Click Here <<<

The_Deadman

The_Deadman

DN's Civil Rights Activist

• Team:DOLLAR Bills Y'all! [DLLR]

Got into a big argument at locals tonight over whether Herald of Perfection could negate Breakthrough Skill's in-grave effect (which it can't). It's too bad "I passed the DN admin exam" and "I passed the RC-1 test" hold no sway in determining your trustworthiness when it comes to ruling questions.

Pop Quiz: Why can't it?

Answer:

Posted Image
Thanks to danna45 for the above.

http://forum.dueling...ins/?p=1124905 Alduin: I actually see your point of view and am no longer annoyed at you.
Posted Image Posted Image

[1/31/2014 12:11:00 AM] Armand: i listen to deadman even when he's rude. it helps that he's not rude for the sake of it, but rather, he is just a bit, when necesarry (1/31/2014 12:11:16 AM) Erosion: That's because he's Saxton Hale himself (1/31/2014 12:12:17 AM) Vincent: So what, Deadman became DeadManlyMan? (1/31/2014 12:13:09 AM) Erosion: Basically, he's gotten so good at making insightful posts, he could go off on a drunken rant on how x is bad and y is good, but nobody will mind because he's damn good at what he does (1/31/2014 12:14:01 AM) Vincent: Well yeah, and that's who he is; he just feels the need to fight for what he believes in as hard as he is capable of, and he is capable of a lot.

fluffytots

fluffytots

The Video Game God

• Team:[AIM] Ascension Into Madness

I wonder if I can use my amazing guessing power and get a perfect score

*Am the laziest Mof in the world so I wouldn't bother*

qP1hD.png

xFLQGpV.jpg

Kise X Kuroko (But with real people #Drew)

sjletica

sjletica

Pop Quiz: Why can't it?

Answer:

Lol, I know there's a difference between activation and effects, if I didn't why would I get into a big argument over it? He kept trying to say "HoP can negate Sangan so it can negate Breakthrough Skill". I showed him that page and a couple of pojo threads, and he got a friend of his to come over and try to convince me I was wrong. I couldn't use the arguments in my previous post so I walked away and confirmed it with the head judge discreetly. I didn't want to go back and tell him he was wrong because my friend told me he has a temper and I'm not an official judge yet, I've only passed the exam and sent in my registration, and I'm new to that particular locals.

Easy Ruling, since it isn't an activation (you only activate when you play them to the field) it won't be able to negate it.

Saying something and making the person believe you are two completely different things, unfortunately, especially when you have no historical or physical proof of your qualifications.

Edited by sjletica, 28 August 2013 - 11:39 AM.

Error 404

Signature not found

Auke1993

Auke1993

Youtuber

• Team:3000 Brigade

Using Breakthrough skill from the Graveyard starts a chain, so it most definitely activates.

However, Herald of Perfection can only negate the activation of a Trap card, not a Trap effect.

As you said, a Trap card is only activated when you play it on the field initially.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Auke1993

In-Game Administrator | Ban Appeal/Abuse Report Handler

Posted ImagePosted Image

zaziuma

zaziuma

Elite Member

Lol, I know there's a difference between activation and effects, if I didn't why would I get into a big argument over it? He kept trying to say "HoP can negate Sangan so it can negate Breakthrough Skill". I showed him that page and a couple of pojo threads, and he got a friend of his to come over and try to convince me I was wrong. I couldn't use the arguments in my previous post so I walked away and confirmed it with the head judge discreetly. I didn't want to go back and tell him he was wrong because my friend told me he has a temper and I'm not an official judge yet, I've only passed the exam and sent in my registration, and I'm new to that particular locals.

Saying something and making the person believe you are two completely different things, unfortunately, especially when you have no historical or physical proof of your qualifications.

You said you showed them pages. Ask them to do the same. See what happens.

Using Breakthrough skill from the Graveyard starts a chain, so it most definitely activates.

However, Herald of Perfection can only negate the activation of a Trap card, not a Trap effect.

As you said, a Trap card is only activated when you play it on the field initially.

You misunderstood me, what I'm saying is that it doesn't activate like you activate a card.

The Exiled Hero

The Exiled Hero

~The Exiled~

people are getting worked up~ i wonder if i pass the future one if i can get some thing other dan  in-game administrator.

Auke1993

Auke1993

Youtuber

You said you showed them pages. Ask them to do the same. See what happens.

You misunderstood me, what I'm saying is that it doesn't activate like you activate a card.

You didn't state that.

You may have meant it tht way, but what you said was something different. So I decided to clarify in case you didn't fully understand, and for anyone else who might read it.

Posted ImagePosted Image

zaziuma

zaziuma

Elite Member

You didn't state that.

You may have meant it tht way, but what you said was something different. So I decided to clarify in case you didn't fully understand, and for anyone else who might read it.

I didn't say the other one either.

The Exiled Hero

The Exiled Hero

~The Exiled~

I luv  when people argue over rulings :D

Auke1993

Auke1993

Youtuber

Unfortunately qualifications don't always mean anything either.

Admins and judges are wrong at times as well.

I've had cases with quite an easy ruling that I got wrong, and the users called me out for it.

Well, they had the right to do so, I made the mistake.

Luckily after I admitted my mistake after some research, the users were able to resume the duel without issues.

In real-life and on DN, qualifications don't mean too much. You'll need proof of what you're saying (not that everyone listens to that, unfortunately).

I didn't say the other one either.

You said it wasn't an activation, which it is. If you would've said the activation of the card, then yes, that would be correct.

I'm glad we both understand it now, and that the misunderstandong has been resolved.

Have a good day.

Posted ImagePosted Image

zaziuma

zaziuma

Elite Member

I've had cases with quite an easy ruling that I got wrong, and the users called me out for it.
Luckily after I admitted my mistake after some research, the users were able to resume the duel without issues.

In real-life and on DN, qualifications don't mean too much. You'll need proof of what you're saying (not that everyone listens to that, unfortunately).

You said it wasn't an activation, which it is. If you would've said the activation of the card, then yes, that would be correct.

I'm glad we both understand it now, and that the misunderstandong has been resolved.

Have a good day.

If you read, I stated that you only activate them when you play to the field (or if they're face-downs, but whatever). I didn't say it was an activation of an effect.

Edited by zaziuma, 28 August 2013 - 11:52 AM.

sjletica

sjletica

Have a good day.

Yep, I didn't tell him I was a judge but he didn't like the sources I used (apparently pojo and DN forums don't count as a credible source in his book). The head judge went to the EXACT SAME LINK that I showed the old guy to confirm it. Some people aren't worth arguing with though, and I chose to walk away silently victorious without finishing the argument.

Edited by sjletica, 28 August 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Error 404

Signature not found

The_Deadman

The_Deadman

Easy Ruling, since it isn't an activation But it is. Of an effect. (you only activate when you play them to the field. Vague. You activate the Spell/Trap card when playing it on the field or flipping it face up.) it won't be able to negate it.

What you said and what you meant were two different things that were confusing some people. As an admin, one needs to be able to explain things without ambiguity.

Posted Image

http://forum.dueling...ins/?p=1124905 Alduin: I actually see your point of view and am no longer annoyed at you.

[1/31/2014 12:11:00 AM] Armand: i listen to deadman even when he's rude. it helps that he's not rude for the sake of it, but rather, he is just a bit, when necesarry (1/31/2014 12:11:16 AM) Erosion: That's because he's Saxton Hale himself (1/31/2014 12:12:17 AM) Vincent: So what, Deadman became DeadManlyMan? (1/31/2014 12:13:09 AM) Erosion: Basically, he's gotten so good at making insightful posts, he could go off on a drunken rant on how x is bad and y is good, but nobody will mind because he's damn good at what he does (1/31/2014 12:14:01 AM) Vincent: Well yeah, and that's who he is; he just feels the need to fight for what he believes in as hard as he is capable of, and he is capable of a lot.

zaziuma

zaziuma

Elite Member

What you said and what you meant were two different things that were confusing some people. As an admin, one needs to be able to explain things without ambiguity.

I am not an admin though.

The_Deadman

The_Deadman

I am not an admin though.

Weren't you trying to become one? o___O

Posted Image

zaziuma

zaziuma

Elite Member

Weren't you trying to become one? o___O

Well yeah, but I am not explaining it to somebody where it is important, since this already happened, and the guy know that it's true, I'm just throwing what I know out there randomly, and well, you peps kind of misunderstood me. I know it isn't the clearest, of course I would explain it more clearly to somebody if I were an admin, but this is just a forum post.

Power up

Power up

Apex

• Team:[PT] Plasma Torch Capt/Founder

After a few weeks of concentrated study my score is an 8/20. I've done my best.

It surprised me in the end especially after checking all that I studied on.

Better luck next time for me.

Posted Image

The_Deadman

The_Deadman

So hey, recruiter is on.

Posted Image

Jar of Greed

Jar of Greed

Draw 1 card.

After a few weeks of concentrated study my score is an 8/20. I've done my best.

It surprised me in the end especially after checking all that I studied on.

Better luck next time for me.

It happens. Just study harder and you'll do fine :]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.