71 replies to this topic

Light/Darkness

Light/Darkness

I'm too lazy to be number one

• Veteran Members
  • 1,081 posts
    • Time Online: 56d 12h 31m 25s
  • Team:[CoF] Church of Farls

Dude, what's your problem? I was just pointing out there's no need to write large posts about what constitutes a misclick, no "back *seat modding" happening here.

EDIT: Also if you were derailing the topic it would not be wrong of me to point it out.

now "this^", is truly considered derailing the topic. posts like this lead to flame wars, which I do not feel like having with you.

sorry if I was against the law to write out large post.

now if you'll excuse me

20_21_45_716_238288__UNOPT__safe_animate

lightdarkness_userbar_by_zoisitesarugaki

18XOS.gif

[3/22/2014 2:19:49 PM] Nathan Crest: Will the real Suzumiya Haruhi stand up? I repeat, will the real Haruhi stand up?

! slayer !

! slayer !

Veteran Member

• 442 posts
    • Time Online: 18d 9h 54m 11s
  • Team:TT

>implying I'm derailing the topic.

no. this is still considered legitimate conversation. take dat back set mod'ing elsewhere.

Why so hostile?

261965_863267_t.jpg

Fr3dY

Fr3dY

• 99 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 9h 57m 3s

How about progressive phase-enabling? Not just only for the 'End Turn' button, but for every phase. All of them could be disabled until player clicks on the previous one.

The last button to be enabled might be the 'End Turn'... what do you think?

Akeno

Akeno

Hand Made Fluids

• 544 posts
    • Time Online: 64d 6h 54m 52s
  • Facebook:How does a niqqa link facebook for strangers?
  • Twitter:YouTwitface
  • Youtube:.com
  • Team:Free Agent
Support.

I'm. Tired of having lag and ending up clicking the End Phase Button.

No one really gives a damn

umbp4k3.png

funny-gifs-anime.gif

Whitehero26

Whitehero26

Don't turn around

• Veteran Members
  • 2,885 posts
    • Time Online: 177d 20h 55m 7s

I'm in.

TheWhite87

TheWhite87

Celestial Fury

• Veteran Members
  • 981 posts
    • Time Online: 24d 20h 36m 58s

happened to me as well. no problem in unrated but rated is an other thing where misplays decide wins and losses as well. i'd like this.

Edited by TheWhite87, 15 August 2013 - 01:32 PM.

bilaterus

bilaterus

Evil for Extra Credit

• Retired Staff
  • 1,068 posts
    • Time Online: 126d 21h 10m 10s
  • Team:Gemini

If you feel someone is breaking the rules (ie. derailing the thread or being overly hostile), then you should ignore it and not respond to it in-thread, but rather report it to a Moderator or member of the forum staff. And a good guideline to posting is to make sure your posts always have content relevant to the topic of the thread itself.

Alrighty. Firstly, communication is key between the players. If you misclick 'end turn' then you should immediately say so, and the opponent is obliged to wait for you to do your turn if you do so. If an admin is needed, they will use their judgement to decide whether it really was a misclick or not depending on the situation itself. The relevance of this is that if you do misclick the end turn button, it should be possible to continue with the game properly.

Lag is the players' responsibilities as well. Admins may have to rule against you if lag causes a problem, otherwise players may just use lag as an excuse to cover up for their misplays (of course, admins use their judgement for each situation). If there's too much, you could try playing on a lower quality setting.

Of course, I'm not saying we ignore the problem in general. I quite support the idea of having the end turn button only available after going into the End Phase, although as mentioned above, communication and taking a little care should solve the matter in a lot of cases and, in case of dispute, an admin can come and solve the matter (and wait times are a separate issue). 

Posted Image

How I Play Infernity
How I Play Wind-Up

Here is every Ruling Link you ever wanted!
Skulblaka98's Profile

I have access to the DN card database so if you spot any card texts that need correcting, PM me ^_^

-Sharkk

-Sharkk

• Banned
  • 135 posts
  • Youtube:Grapha123
  • Team:[Q4] Quadrifoglio

i support this 100% im getting really tired when i lag and i end up clicking "end turn" when i try to click "Next Turn"

blck9MP.png

ss2013-08-14at064546.png

Jar of Greed: sharkk- crushing peoples dreams since 2013                 

awesome12345

awesome12345

• 236 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 4h 47m
  • Team:[BoB] Band of Brothers

Has my support.

gallade_tag_by_photondragon12345-d5xxplh

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !&

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !&

• 49 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 58m 10s

they should change it because of too much mouse problems

millenium ring7

millenium ring7

• 6 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 51m 4s

How about progressive phase-enabling? Not just only for the 'End Turn' button, but for every phase. All of them could be disabled until player clicks on the previous one.

The last button to be enabled might be the 'End Turn'... what do you think?

I like both this idea above me as well as the one currently being discussed ion this topic

coff.jpg

BionicKid

BionicKid

Nuzlocke Fanatic

• Veteran Members
  • 400 posts
    • Time Online: 96d 15h 47m 34s
  • Team:None...again...

I, too, am in favor of this idea. Though I usually click through all the phases, myself, I've seen plenty of times where a player will hit "End Turn," and during the transition, the opponent will activate a card effect.

zmV0c.jpg

League of Legends? Never played.

World of Warcraft? Never played.

Skyrim?

#NeverPlayed

(TCG)Tombstone

(TCG)Tombstone

The Exiled Tombstone

• 527 posts
    • Time Online: 17d 21h 37m 47s
  • Team:[ATL]:Atlas

As any one else though about the nubs this will effect?

Like come on, 2 nubs duel, all goes well, then bam, they like, lol how do i end, cuz really what nub goes into end phase.

you could argue that the new feature would be announced in the announcements box on the title screen, but really, how effective is that.

Example 1:

New format, ratings change.

Dn announces everything and explains everything in the announcement box.

How many nubs are spamming pub chat with "how do i duel rated" why is my rating 100.

Or even bothering mods with that.

Muteness

Muteness

• 36 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 8h 6m 51s
  • Team:[DK] Daikazoku

Tombstone makes a valid point, though... wish it was more grammatically conveyed...

Anyway, with user interfaces a general rule of thumb is that simplicity is normally better. A player may only want to set one card before ending their turn and though clicking through Standby, Main Phase one and then End Phase before ending their turn could become frustrating, even more so if during an unpleasant game. Duelling Network is a simulator for mimicking some of the aspects of real play, i.e. the responsibilities to know the rules and read both your and your opponent's cards. I personally think a large majority of the this issue comes from being lazy on the player's part.

Legitimate mistakes happen but it's negligible if you make an effort to resolve the problem in your games.

SubZeroEffs

SubZeroEffs

• 91 posts
    • Time Online: 11d 10h 34m 7s
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Gracono
  • Team:[BLU] Warriors of a Sad Color

i agree
i think this should be impletent also add so u cant normal summon during dp :) (cuz some guys who wants to "save time" does dat

this

and normals in Mains and if there is any other actions that can only be done in a certain phase make it that way (do not think there is because there are exceptions for cards that exist to other things)

i was Gracco on here previously
--Only the impossible is impossible
--Change is the only constant
bNZ2T8P.jpg

ew1ZVGz.png?1

bilaterus

bilaterus

Evil for Extra Credit

• Retired Staff
  • 1,068 posts

As any one else though about the nubs this will effect?

Like come on, 2 nubs duel, all goes well, then bam, they like, lol how do i end, cuz really what nub goes into end phase.

This is a valid point. It won't be intuitively obvious how to access the End Turn button. I can see the PMs and admin calls now :o

Anyway, with user interfaces a general rule of thumb is that simplicity is normally better. A player may only want to set one card before ending their turn and though clicking through Standby, Main Phase one and then End Phase before ending their turn could become frustrating, even more so if during an unpleasant game. Duelling Network is a simulator for mimicking some of the aspects of real play, i.e. the responsibilities to know the rules and read both your and your opponent's cards. I personally think a large majority of the this issue comes from being lazy on the player's part.

Legitimate mistakes happen but it's negligible if you make an effort to resolve the problem in your games.

Simplicity is definitely one of BLS's aims for his interfaces and it's another reason why he's sometimes reluctant to add certain features sometimes. I believe the suggestion in this thread is only to force going into the EP itself and not the other phases, though.

Posted Image

How I Play Infernity
How I Play Wind-Up

Skulblaka98's Profile

I have access to the DN card database so if you spot any card texts that need correcting, PM me ^_^

Meteor 9

Meteor 9

y u reading dis

• 11 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 19h 32m 21s

I understand where you are coming from, and I agree.

However, simply adding a "Yes or No" (or "Are you sure?") prompt to appear on-screen when a player clicks "End Turn" seems like the best solution.

Posted Image

bilaterus

bilaterus

Evil for Extra Credit

• Retired Staff
  • 1,068 posts

I understand where you are coming from, and I agree.

Adding a "Yes or No" (or "Are you sure?") prompt to appear on-screen when a player clicks "End Turn" seems like the best solution, in my opinion.

I don't think this is viable, given that in 99.9% of cases it'll serve no purpose but slow the players down and be redundant.

Posted Image

How I Play Infernity
How I Play Wind-Up

Skulblaka98's Profile

xRaTeD.Runzy

xRaTeD.Runzy

Kagami Taiga, In The Zone

• Veteran Members
  • 629 posts
    • Time Online: 23d 16h 14m 26s
  • Team:[EI] Epic Innovation

I dont really see why to support it it's all about communication. No use to improve it caus of stuff like you dueling noob's that dont let you play back. As they will also make mistake's dem self.

kagami_taiga_sig_by_tomboyx98-d73ynsg.pn

kagami_taiga_smudge_by_saty166-d6rucgu.p

[ In The Zone ]

[ Destroying The Generation of Miracles ]

PatPeter

PatPeter

• 3 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 59m 27s

I completely agree with this idea. Sometimes people I play against don't even use the phase buttons unless they have to (BP), and this would hopefully spur more use of the phase buttons.

Edited by PatPeter, 27 August 2013 - 07:21 PM.

!             Gianus

!             Gianus

Veteran Member

• 476 posts
    • Time Online: 30d 4h 14m
  • Team:[SOA] Sons Of Ra
As some people have mentioned, it won't be that obvious to new players.
How about this:

When you enter say your M1, the DP and SP will be disabled. You will not be able to click them.
How about tbe End Turn button being CLICKABLE when you enter the EP instead of having it appear then..

It might help some of this primary problem, right..?

What I am as a Pokémon

"Going my way! Cut a path wide open and go!!"
1cmme_480x270_gtj0o.jpg

mint333

mint333

• 31 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 14h 44m 22s
  • Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6JULixvt5zAv0t1pM0lfCQ

I like this idea this happens to me a lot of times and they will almost never let me do my turn but some does but i like the idea 100% all in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.