Photo

Admin button can be useless against AFK.

Afk admin button time saver

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Jfcbam~

Jfcbam~

• 9 posts
    • :
Basically I don't know how many times I've had people either AFK and force me to click the admin button, wait 8~10+ minutes for an admin and at which point the person comes back anyway and acts like nothing has happened.... Basically The issue here is that while some people are afking in order to annoy, troll or just plain afk to do other things, the first player does not want to leave the game and lose rating/rep so they are stuck there waiting (Self timed on a busy schedule) an average of 8 minutes for a Mod to show up and kick the person in a 1 second window.

What I am purposing is when you click the Admin button, select AFK.

Step 1~ It alerts the opponent that the AFK button has been pressed much like the Draw offer/Call an admin does.

~It gives the opponent a button to click (Much like the use of the draw system) to respond with.)

If he/she does not click the button or respond with in a certain time then they are kicked from the game as an admin would do anyway.

Ninjabob

Ninjabob

• 284 posts
    • Time Online: 9d 14h 51m 13s
  • Team:Light Samurai

Basically I don't know how many times I've had people either AFK and force me to click the admin button, wait 8~10+ minutes for an admin and at which point the person comes back anyway and acts like nothing has happened.... Basically The issue here is that while some people are afking in order to annoy, troll or just plain afk to do other things, the first player does not want to leave the game and lose rating/rep so they are stuck there waiting (Self timed on a busy schedule) an average of 8 minutes for a Mod to show up and kick the person in a 1 second window.

What I am purposing is when you click the Admin button, select AFK.

Step 1~ It alerts the opponent that the AFK button has been pressed much like the Draw offer/Call an admin does.

~It gives the opponent a button to click (Much like the use of the draw system) to respond with.)

If he/she does not click the button or respond with in a certain time then they are kicked from the game as an admin would do anyway.

Or make a button that, when you press it, kicks them and increases your rank. AFK players are thus forced to either log out/time out due to inactivity in the hosting lounge, or endure loss of rank and possible banning. Heck, it should be sent in a Chat PM or something to the admins that (insert name here) has been AFK x times AFTER the button is pressed and the AFK player is kicked from the match.

Fair and logical system is fair and logical.

"REJECT COMMON SENSE TO MAKE THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE!"

-Kamina

Jfcbam~

Jfcbam~

• 9 posts
    • :
Well you cant just have a button to kick someone or it will be the ASS button all over...There would have to be a timed delay in order for the person to prove they are not afk.

AntiTcb

AntiTcb

Number 16 of The Organization

• Administrator
  • 3,111 posts
    • Time Online: 163d 9h 42m 40s
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AntiTcb
  • Twitter:@AntiTcb
  • Youtube:www.youtube.com/antitcb
If this happens, you can always just PM the admin to join your duel again and they'll handle it.

antitcb.png

Head Administrator / Ruling Guru / Administrator / The Organization: Number 16

(Please do not send War or Team related questions to me, I am not involved with that at all)

RC -1 and PC -1 Certified Konami Judge / Events Floor Judged: 3 YCS, 1 WCQ, 8 Regionals | Head Judged: 2 Regional

The Organization - Ending the Misinformation

Decks I use: Bujin, Spellbooks, Evilswarm, Fire Kings, Macro Rabbit, Worms, P.A.C.M.A.N., Dark Worlds, Final Countdown, Gallis the Star Beast OTK, Blackwings, Gravekeepers

League of Legends Player: CTG AntiTcb @ NA server
Follow me: @AntiTcb

Ninjabob

Ninjabob

• 284 posts

Well you cant just have a button to kick someone or it will be the ASS button all over...There would have to be a timed delay in order for the person to prove they are not afk.

Agreed. Then there should be a turn counter on the side or something. An example would be:

-Player A stops
-After 2 minutes of inactivity, the counter starts
-The "Report AFK" button is active after 30 seconds of inactivity, allowing Player B to press it
-Player B presses it, wins the duel

And everyone was happy.

If this happens, you can always just PM the admin to join your duel again and they'll handle it.

Except PM'ing an Admin for something generally takes too long, and you end up either quitting and moving on (grudgingly), or waiting for the Admin to show up after pressing the "Call Admin" button. I'm sorry, but if you're going to offer advice that doesn't work, then save me the effort of replying and don't.

-Kamina

AntiTcb

AntiTcb

• Administrator
  • 3,111 posts

Except PM'ing an Admin for something generally takes too long, and you end up either quitting and moving on (grudgingly), or waiting for the Admin to show up after pressing the "Call Admin" button. I'm sorry, but if you're going to offer advice that doesn't work, then save me the effort of replying and don't.

If we've answered your call previously, generally if you PM us to join again, we'll be there as soon as possible. At least, that's how I handle things. If I drop in on an AFK call and the person in question has returned, I always tell both players that if something comes up again, PM me and I'll return when I can.

antitcb.png

(Please do not send War or Team related questions to me, I am not involved with that at all)

RC -1 and PC -1 Certified Konami Judge / Events Floor Judged: 3 YCS, 1 WCQ, 8 Regionals | Head Judged: 2 Regional

Decks I use: Bujin, Spellbooks, Evilswarm, Fire Kings, Macro Rabbit, Worms, P.A.C.M.A.N., Dark Worlds, Final Countdown, Gallis the Star Beast OTK, Blackwings, Gravekeepers

Dog King

Dog King

Honorable Member

• 882 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 19h 12m 8s
Dont worry mods can handle these type of things.

C7H7lWD.png

yu-gi-pros.blogspot.com

Check out my blog for decklists, card discussions and more!

I Am a Mod

I Am a Mod

Honorable Member

• 1,058 posts
    • Time Online: 21d 1h 20m 24s
  • Team:[TFS] The Flip Side
Just do as AntiTcb said. The admin that comes to the AFK call will say, if the player responded, to PM him if the problem reoccurs. Just do it.
Posted Image

le sig

skullvarnish

skullvarnish

"So, this is Oregon huh? TOLERANT Oregon?!"

• Super Moderator
  • 8,549 posts
    • Time Online: 156d 3h 35m 25s
  • Team:None
I do agree that something needs to be done about people who purposely AFK. Adding "AFK" to the admin call options would be a plus, but then you have no proof they were AFK.

Are you serious? I am the best player in the game today. I started out with a Kuriboh as my boss monster, and have since climbed up the ladder of success. I am willing to break my back having to carry a team. Some say that there is no "I" in 'team," but what if I am the entire team? I'll carry this team across the river, to Victory Island. We'll pull out the champagne, with the ladies surrounding us. With a cigar in my mouth, I'll deliver the final speech. Our pilgrimage is complete. Our lives are over. The perpetual euphoria has been reached. The impossible has happened. You ask yourself if what has just transpired can possibly be real. I am no miracle worker, but I do have heart. And sometimes with a little bit of heart and some imagination, the world is yours for the taking. -Inflation

Joseph Stalin was a hero who had to make sacrifices for the betterment of the greater good.

>Implying

Ninjabob

Ninjabob

• 284 posts

Just do as AntiTcb said. The admin that comes to the AFK call will say, if the player responded, to PM him if the problem reoccurs. Just do it.

Again, useless. Sorry, but i've done the PM thing. At times, an Admin has responded, and others (Situations involving Goddess, among others) I've been ignored for ten minutes before they went offline. So, explain to me why those Administrators exist, as well as why we, the players, have to jump hoops for anything to get done.

-Kamina

I Am a Mod

I Am a Mod

Honorable Member

• 1,058 posts

I do agree that something needs to be done about people who purposely AFK. Adding "AFK" to the admin call options would be a plus, but then you have no proof they were AFK.

Just do as we said. The admin will handle it and apply the correct punishment.
Posted Image

le sig

skullvarnish

skullvarnish

"So, this is Oregon huh? TOLERANT Oregon?!"

• Super Moderator
  • 8,549 posts
    • Time Online: 156d 3h 35m 25s
  • Team:None

Again, useless. Sorry, but i've done the PM thing. At times, an Admin has responded, and others (Situations involving Goddess, among others) I've been ignored for ten minutes before they went offline. So, explain to me why those Administrators exist, as well as why we, the players, have to jump hoops for anything to get done.

You do realize that admins have a lot to deal with right? Sometimes they are so swamped that they miss PMs and then log off without knowing about them.

Are you serious? I am the best player in the game today. I started out with a Kuriboh as my boss monster, and have since climbed up the ladder of success. I am willing to break my back having to carry a team. Some say that there is no "I" in 'team," but what if I am the entire team? I'll carry this team across the river, to Victory Island. We'll pull out the champagne, with the ladies surrounding us. With a cigar in my mouth, I'll deliver the final speech. Our pilgrimage is complete. Our lives are over. The perpetual euphoria has been reached. The impossible has happened. You ask yourself if what has just transpired can possibly be real. I am no miracle worker, but I do have heart. And sometimes with a little bit of heart and some imagination, the world is yours for the taking. -Inflation

Joseph Stalin was a hero who had to make sacrifices for the betterment of the greater good.

>Implying

I Am a Mod

I Am a Mod

Honorable Member

• 1,058 posts

Sorry, but I won't believe this just because you are saying it.
Did you PM the same admin that came to your call?
Posted Image

le sig

Jfcbam~

Jfcbam~

• 9 posts
    • :

I am not talking about that... Im talking about when they afk BEFORE you call them... Thenw hen you call them you have to wait 10 minutes for an admin...

AntiTcb

AntiTcb

• Administrator
  • 3,111 posts

I am not talking about that... Im talking about when they afk BEFORE you call them... Thenw hen you call them you have to wait 10 minutes for an admin...

And if you survive the wait with patience until an admin comes to your duel, the situation will be taken care of.

antitcb.png

The Detonator

The Detonator

DN's Machine

• Administrator
  • 2,997 posts
    • Time Online: 81d 11h 50m 46s
Malicious afk will become an offense that will result in punishment. Administrators will be able to spot this easily and punish members for it.

Push to test, release to detonate.

SupersonicAnaconda

SupersonicAnaconda

DN HERO

• Veteran Members
  • 1,081 posts
    • Time Online: 9d 9h 27m 16s
  • Team:NRoC

that works if the admin already came to that call, if you jsut pm an admin about an afk issue theyll tell you to just wait your turn in the que, this idea is quite good because its an easy way to prove if someone is afk or not, you can give it a fairly large timer (2-3 mins) and it also allows admins to have less calls to handle, good idea is good, dont shit on it just because the old system works well if this would work better

Posted Image

Posted Image

I Am a Mod

I Am a Mod

Honorable Member

• 1,058 posts

that works if the admin already came to that call, if you jsut pm an admin about an afk issue theyll tell you to just wait your turn in the que, this idea is quite good because its an easy way to prove if someone is afk or not, you can give it a fairly large timer (2-3 mins) and it also allows admins to have less calls to handle, good idea is good, dont shit on it just because the old system works well if this would work better

Posted Image

le sig

AFuzzyMuffin

AFuzzyMuffin

• 76 posts
    • Time Online: 13h 18m 35s
I deal with this from time to time when I'm dueling. Best thing to do is what they say just press the call admin for afk. When an admin shows up if they come back like they weren't afk then make sure to let the admin know that you will pm them if that person fake afks yet again. It normally is easy to recognize seeing as people who fake afk do it while having a loss of advantage compared to the active player.

SupersonicAnaconda

SupersonicAnaconda

DN HERO

• Veteran Members
  • 1,081 posts

thats you agreeing with me right?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I Am a Mod

I Am a Mod

Honorable Member

• 1,058 posts

thats you agreeing with me right?

It is a good idea. This is why it words. But for the part I underlined, you just forgot to read AntiTcb said 'Again'.

And everyone knows an admin won't randomly come to your duel just because you are asking it.

>.>
Posted Image

le sig

SupersonicAnaconda

SupersonicAnaconda

DN HERO

• Veteran Members
  • 1,081 posts
i know, i was just reiterating

but the fact is that doesnt really apply to why the op was made

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kaitos

Kaitos

• 19 posts
    • :
  • Team:The Hylian Red Mages

Agreed. Then there should be a turn counter on the side or something. An example would be:

-Player A stops
-The "Report AFK" button is active after 30 seconds of inactivity, allowing Player B to press it

And everyone was happy.

Logically this wouldn't be helpful since most of the time,duelists will have too help with something or have too have their lunch/dinner also the fact that is gives you a auto-win is kind of like cheating,they'll just end up abusing it...that and it isn't neccecary,since you can just wait for them too return

Jfcbam~

Jfcbam~

• 9 posts
    • :

-Player A stops

And everyone was happy.

Logically this wouldn't be helpful since most of the time,duelists will have too help with something or have too have their lunch/dinner also the fact that is gives you a auto-win is kind of like cheating,they'll just end up abusing it...that and it isn't neccecary,since you can just wait for them too return

In a real game you can't just get up and walk away and tell your opponent I will be back in 5 minutes..

Kaitos

Kaitos

• 19 posts
    • :
  • Team:The Hylian Red Mages

-Player A stops

And everyone was happy.

In a real game you can't just get up and walk away and tell your opponent I will be back in 5 minutes..

-Player A stops

And everyone was happy.

No offense but I think you're missing the point,the point was if there was such a feature that gave auto-wins it would get abused alot if it was auto-draw however maybe it would be a different story.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Afk, admin button, time saver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.