Bujin September 2013

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

NoahC1992

NoahC1992

• 206 posts
    • Time Online: 24d 22h 52m 49s
  • Team:[FAB] Dreams of Faded Reality

So I've been working on a Bujin Deck for the upcoming format. I'm running some techs that I don't typically see in other builds so I'll explain them. Hopefully you guys can help me improve this. Here's the deck: lW2OqAX.pngMain Deck:

Monsters:
3x Bujin Yamato

3x Bujingi Crane

3x Bujingi Quilin

3x Bujingi Turtle

2x Bujingi Centipede (added for extra backrow hate now that Heavy Storm is gone)

2x Bujingi Yata

1x Honest

Spells:

3x Forbidden Lance

2x Fire Formation - Tenki

2x Kaiser Colosseum

2x Mystical Space Typhoon

2x Shard of Greed (Testing well so far. People don't seem to burn MST on it with less S/T hate.)

2x Monster Reincarnation (recycles Crane/Honest/Yata while dumping other monsters)

1x Dark Hole

Traps:

2x Bujin Regalia - The Sword

2x Horn of the Phantom Beast

2x Dimensional Prison

2x Breakthrough Skill

1x Solemn Warning

Extra Deck:

2x Bujintei Susanowo

1x Bujintei Kagutsuchi

1x Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Tiger King (might drop with Tenki only at 2 now anyways)

1x Constellar Omega

1x Diamond Dire Wolf

1x Starliege Paladynamo

1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn

1x Gagaga Cowboy

1x Photon Papilloperative

1x Daigusto Emeral

1x Gem-Knight Pearl

1x Lavalval Chain

1x Abyss Dweller (mainly for Mermail and mirror matchups)

1x Number 50: Blackship of Corn

Side Deck:

2x Effect Veiler (will drop after the meta shapes up since Breakthrough Skill should be enough at 2)

2x Maxx "C"

2x Prohibition

2x Night Beam

2x Karma Cut (great for Evilswarm/Dark World/Fire King matchups)

2x Overworked (Raigeki against Fire Fists)

1x Bottomless Trap Hole (might drop after the meta shapes up)

1x Compuslory Evacuation Device (might drop after the meta shapes up)

1x Torrential Tribute (might drop after the meta shapes up)

So that's what I've come up with and some explanations for the cards I felt might not be typical of most Bujin builds. This has been incredibly consistent for me in testing. Obviously without Yamato it has issues but the double Shard has helped draw into Yamato fairly quickly. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

ModoTheGreat: It's weird.
ModoTheGreat: I keep solving calls and the call counter doesn't go down.
ModoTheGreat: It's like there's new calls being added or something.

KuribohAdvocate !!!

KuribohAdvocate !!!

• 112 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 14h 5m 40s

Why no Bujincarnation?

NoahC1992

NoahC1992

• 206 posts

Why no Bujincarnation?

I found it to be a dead draw when I was running it. Dropped them for the 2 Centipede when the ban list was announced.

Furareza

Furareza

• 51 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 14h 16m 28s
  • Facebook:Fura Reza

Maybe...
-2 Yata
-2 Shard of Greed
-1/2 monster reincarnation

+2 Mikazuki
+2 Duality
+1/2 BoFF - Bear
+ 1 Compulsory (if you put 1 Bear)

641ndVl.gif
:mellow:  RUN, NYAN CAT !! RUN !!!   :mellow: 

Yo, Join us on YGO Facebook Group...!!
Yu-Gi-Oh! Indonesia

F1shies

F1shies

Veteran Member

• 308 posts
    • Time Online: 34d 20h 13m 14s

- 1 Centipede: It's searchable after all, and you're already running MSTs and Lances.

- 2 Yata: Keep 1 as a tech if you want, but it's pretty subpar. May be worth running once people start throwing Armades around all the time, but I still doubt it.

- 1 Lance: 3 looks like an exaggeration, especially since some of the stronger decks like Mermails, Dragunities and Constellars (I think) rely more on monster effects than S/T for removal.

- 1 Reincarnation: It's an interesting choice, but I don't think it should be at more than 1 due to easy dead drawing. Once the grinding game is really on, you won't have any Bujingis left to discard for it, and flatly going -1 in a playstyle like that of Bujins is very dangerous.

- 2 Shard: Duality is a better choice for consistency, and also one that's less likely to interfere with Vanity's Emptiness, an important card in this deck.

- 1 Horn: not needed at 2 anymore, and all in all, it's mostly a "win more card".

- 1 Prison: cut it if you're adamant on 40cards.dek, otherwise it can stay.

--

+ 2 Mika: your extra Yamato, this guy is worth running solely because of his name and type.

+ 1 BoFF Bear: searchable monster hate that searches his own searcher which in turn searches Yamato as well. 

+ 1 Bujincarnation: a solid enough card to run at 1, it's playable from time to time and also gives Mika another target.

+ 3 Duality (september): This card is oh so important for Bujins, and even more now with Tenki at 2. It's practically free consistency.

+ 2 Vanity: only 2 since you're running Colosseum as well, but Vanity is great in Bujins. Yamato's effect doesn't trigger its destruction, neither do the effects of your Bujingis, meaning you can wall behind Yama + Vanity for quite a while.

Maindecking Veiler vs. Breakthrough is a question of preference, but I prefer Veiler because it adds another weapon to your arsenal under Vanity. Breakthrough can be discarded by Yama without losing its purpose, though, so both have their ups and downs.

Also, side needs third MST and extra needs M7 over Lavalval/Emeral.

Edited by F1shies, 26 August 2013 - 08:14 AM.

Found in a Destiny Board deck thread:

The D is your win condition

KuribohAdvocate !!!

KuribohAdvocate !!!

• 112 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 14h 5m 40s

- 1 Centipede: It's searchable after all, and you're already running MSTs and Lances.

- 2 Yata: Keep 1 as a tech if you want, but it's pretty subpar. May be worth running once people start throwing Armades around all the time, but I still doubt it.

- 1 Lance: 3 looks like an exaggeration, especially since some of the stronger decks like Mermails, Dragunities and Constellars (I think) rely more on monster effects than S/T for removal.

- 1 Reincarnation: It's an interesting choice, but I don't think it should be at more than 1 due to easy dead drawing. Once the grinding game is really on, you won't have any Bujingis left to discard for it, and flatly going -1 in a playstyle like that of Bujins is very dangerous.

- 2 Shard: Duality is a better choice for consistency, and also one that's less likely to interfere with Vanity's Emptiness, an important card in this deck.

- 1 Horn: not needed at 2 anymore, and all in all, it's mostly a "win more card".

--

+ 2 Mika: your extra Yamato, this guy is worth running solely because of his name and type.

+ 1 BoFF Bear: searchable monster hate that searches his own searcher which in turn searches Yamato as well. 

+ 1 Bujincarnation: a solid enough card to run at 1, it's playable from time to time and also gives Mika another target.

+ 3 Duality (september): This card is oh so important for Bujins, and even more now with Tenki at 2. It's practically free consistency.

+ 2 Vanity: only 2 since you're running Colosseum as well, but Vanity is great in Bujins. Yamato's effect doesn't trigger its destruction, neither do the effects of your Bujingis, meaning you can wall behind Yama + Vanity for quite a while.

Maindecking Veiler vs. Breakthrough is a question of preference, but I prefer Veiler because it adds another weapon to your arsenal under Vanity. Breakthrough can be discarded by Yama without losing its purpose, though, so both have their ups and downs.

I definitely agree with this, though, horn makes for good pluses. 

Edited by KuribohAdvocate !!!, 26 August 2013 - 03:08 PM.

teamnooblords

teamnooblords

• 48 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 13h 46m 7s

look up people build on youtube and test them

and also try the garden otk build

NoahC1992

NoahC1992

• 206 posts

look up people build on youtube and test them

and also try the garden otk build

The entire point is to NOT run someone else's build. Also, I'm not fond of the Black Garden variant.

--

Very helpful thank you. I've tried Vanity but I just didn't like it. I found it getting dumped to the grave fairly fast from MST. That's why I was testing the Shards instead. With Shard I'm either going to draw 2 or get them to burn through the little backrow hate they're likely to run. Hadn't tried running Mika yet just from lack of time. I'll drop Yata for 2 Mika.

Mango

Mango

♨DNF's False Prophet♨ ○I Kinda like that Cathy chick

• Veteran Members
  • 1,421 posts
    • Time Online: 80d 4h 22m 23s

65AD87l.png

Just what I think should be taken out but hey its not my deck.

cards to try

Shrink

Trap Stun

Side into decree

Vanity

pot of duality

Edited by Mango, 28 August 2013 - 07:22 PM.

zre7nrd.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bujin, September 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.