10 replies to this topic

ownnator

ownnator

Veteran Member

• 412 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 8h 40m 49s
  • Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/ownnator
  • Team:Team Genesis

...get it? 'Cause scrap is broken stuff?

Anyway...

I've been wanting to play scraps for a very long time, but I've just never had time to put the deck together. I've finally found a build that I like, but my matchups against Ophion.dek and Drag-on Rulers are godawful. I'm looking for some techs in the main that could help out, so leave no stone unturned!

Picture:

http://imgur.com/a151pij

A few explanations:

-Grandsoil is broke as heck in this deck, a 2800 Monster Reborn is good.

-Redox and COTH are here to get back a Scrap tuner, so I can pop it with Scrap Dragon and recycle a Chimera. Recurring Redoxes are also free pops, or material for making Star Eater.

-The TG engine generates mad plusses with Scrap Dragon, and can also search a temporary 2k beater (swinging over 1900 monsters is surprisingly useful).

-Card Trooper mills Earths for Grandsoil and Redox, and replaces himself when he dies.

-Trag and Maxx "C" are really good at stopping OTK's.

-The side deck is cards I'm already considering.

So, what else can I add? I'm mostly looking at cutting the Dualities, a Scrapyard, and the Bottomless.

Thanks for your feedback!

Danny_Knight

Danny_Knight

The Scribe

• Veteran Members
  • 1,403 posts
    • Time Online: 53d 17h 54m 5s
  • Team:Free Agent
If ur really into the recurring Redox thing then id suggest Return from a Different Dimension (or, possibly, Burial). Redox can potentially ruin ur grave setup, and RfDD can be a mid-game win if pulled of.
2usg9cj.jpg

e376066a487111e3836b22000aeb0d60_5.jpg

P5zguhu.jpg?1

^Creds to Bryan Lutra

k1ll @t w!ll

k1ll @t w!ll

Step Your Post Game Up

• Veteran Members
  • 3,176 posts
    • Time Online: 108d 6h 13m 32s
  • Team:Roll solo...

The TG engine is unnecessary and you're not even running the Naturia synchros to warrant it.

ownnator

ownnator

Veteran Member

• 412 posts

If ur really into the recurring Redox thing then id suggest Return from a Different Dimension (or, possibly, Burial). Redox can potentially ruin ur grave setup, and RfDD can be a mid-game win if pulled of.

I'll play with RFtDD, since it's pretty much a win condition, but I'd need more ways to banish stuff. Any suggestions?

The TG engine is unnecessary and you're not even running the Naturia synchros to warrant it.

SS Striker, normal Chimera, get back Beast, make Dragon, pop Striker + opponent's stuff. End phase search Warwolf. Congrats, you just went +1. You can do the same thing with Warwolf by ssing after you revive Beast. Naturia Synchros would probably be good :D

Black Luster Sangan

Black Luster Sangan

• 191 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 12h 58m 42s
  • Team:*LEGIONX*

no leviair?

ownnator

ownnator

Veteran Member

• 412 posts

no leviair?

I've only ever gone for a rank 3 once xD

I'll probably end up cutting Temtempo too, once I get a real side deck.

friedchicken837

friedchicken837

SHAZAM!

• Veteran Members
  • 1,296 posts
    • Time Online: 44d 20h 29m 46s

Nice, Scraps.

Not really going to change much, just giving a couple of ideas:

• Chain Dog: With Chimera + Beast it opens up for some neat Rank 4 plays
  • Gold Sarc: Opening with this is freakin amazing. You thin out the deck by 2 Redoxes, plus you minimize the chance pof actually milling those Redox's
  • Breakthrough Skill: If Ophion is a problem, this card is it. You shouldn't have a problem as it likes getting milled.
  • Scrap Golem; I'm surprised he's not here. In fact, I'll dedicate a paragraph to him.

Basically pitch this with Redox to SS him easily. He can revive all your scraps and gives you access to Scrap Twin Dragon. In the event your Scrap Dragon get's mirror forced you can revive this dude . Then you can just Revive Goblin and make another Scrap Dragon XD. Now that's plussing. Also he can be used to revive Searcher should you need to sue him..basically if you SS him on the opponent's side of the field he gets nuked.

ownnator

ownnator

Veteran Member

• 412 posts

Nice, Scraps.

Not really going to change much, just giving a couple of ideas:

• Chain Dog: With Chimera + Beast it opens up for some neat Rank 4 plays
  • Gold Sarc: Opening with this is freakin amazing. You thin out the deck by 2 Redoxes, plus you minimize the chance pof actually milling those Redox's
  • Breakthrough Skill: If Ophion is a problem, this card is it. You shouldn't have a problem as it likes getting milled.
  • Scrap Golem; I'm surprised he's not here. In fact, I'll dedicate a paragraph to him.

Basically pitch this with Redox to SS him easily. He can revive all your scraps and gives you access to Scrap Twin Dragon. In the event your Scrap Dragon get's mirror forced you can revive this dude . Then you can just Revive Goblin and make another Scrap Dragon XD. Now that's plussing. Also he can be used to revive Searcher should you need to sue him..basically if you SS him on the opponent's side of the field he gets nuked.

Sarc and Breakthrough seem pretty neat, especially since Breakthrough can be chained to Scrap Dragon's effect so I can pop Dragossacks. Chain Dog might work as a 1-of, but I really have trouble seeing how Scrap Golem will help the deck. In my experience, it's a really awful draw. I'll try it out again, though.

friedchicken837

friedchicken837

SHAZAM!

• Veteran Members
  • 1,296 posts

Sarc and Breakthrough seem pretty neat, especially since Breakthrough can be chained to Scrap Dragon's effect so I can pop Dragossacks. Chain Dog might work as a 1-of, but I really have trouble seeing how Scrap Golem will help the deck. In my experience, it's a really awful draw. I'll try it out again, though.

Scrap Golem seems kinda awkward since he's a Tribute, but your more often than not going to revive him using Redox. He's the best target Scrap Dragon can revive, second to Scrap Goblin.

Also I don't really like Scrapyard. The best atrget you can get is Goblin, but he doesn't do much except sit there...then comes the part where I mill that card, when I'd rather mill an actual Scrap monster...it just ends up backfiring on me more often than not.

Edited by friedchicken837, 03 October 2013 - 03:26 PM.

ownnator

ownnator

Veteran Member

• 412 posts

Scrap Golem seems kinda awkward since he's a Tribute, but your more often than not going to revive him using Redox. He's the best target Scrap Dragon can revive, second to Scrap Goblin.

Also I don't really like Scrapyard. The best atrget you can get is Goblin, but he doesn't do much except sit there...then comes the part where I mill that card, when I'd rather mill an actual Scrap monster...it just ends up backfiring on me more often than not.

I'll try 1-of Golem over the 3rd Scrapyard, what else is good to remove?

friedchicken837

friedchicken837

SHAZAM!

• Veteran Members
  • 1,296 posts

I'll try 1-of Golem over the 3rd Scrapyard, what else is good to remove?

Cards I'm iffy on, but only because I've never play-tested them....so only gots my Theory-Oh on them:

• Pot of Duality: First turn you aren't doing much anyway, so the SS restriction won't matter; opening a Scrap Beast really sucks (and with yard you're most likely to open with it anyway). I think the deck should function fine with it...has it ever been a dead draw on you (not sure how; by the time this thing is you should have already set-up).
  • Grandsoil (as if having 3+ reborns aint enough XD). You probably have the grave manipulation to make this card live anyay, but I dislike his BP skipping effect.
  • Tragoedia: This I have used prior to seeing this deck. He doesn't test very well as I end up milling him...I might just have bad luck though. Maybe replace for Breakthrough Skills?

I like the T.G. engine a lot; just recently I was facing T.G. stun with my Scraps (kinda annoyed me). Where's the Naturia Beasts/Barkions :o. Since you barely run backrow, those guys make wonderful assets. Seems pretty easy to drop via Trooper/Striker first turn (the effort your opponent takes to get rid of this **** more than makes up for the draw you lost upon Synchro Summoning).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.