Counter-Traps and YCS San Mateo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

/B/rave Vesperia!!!

/B/rave Vesperia!!!

• 72 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 7h 17m 5s
  • Youtube:www.youtube.com/user/VesperiatheBrave

When finalizing my deck list, I'm trying to find the right balance of counter-traps for my Malefic deck. I want to play 3 of either Dark Bribe, Seven Tools of the Bandit, or both. Here's what I'm thinking so far.

Dark Bribe is awesome because it blocks MST, so it can protect my Skill Drain, Necrovalley, or my maindecked Macro Cosmos. Downside is I don't like letting my opponent plus.

Seven Tools is nice as a way to block Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, which is literally one of the most annoying things ever, getting set back a turn is something Malefic Drain simply can't afford. Also, not much MST is being mained this format. It doesn't let my opponent plus either.

I'm currently maining 2 Dark Bribe and 1 Seven Tools of the Bandit.

What do you guys think?

Edited by /B/rave Vesperia!!!, 24 September 2013 - 06:46 AM.

xwG1DOe.pngJ6yfXtX.png

"We make the future. You trust the path you choose, and create it. These are the threads that weave our future"

My Youtube Channel

demonwing

demonwing

• 14 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 10h 40m 28s

Lance > seven tools in your case.

Dark Bribe is meh but  running a couple is fine in a stun deck if they playtest fine.

Aludra

Aludra

• 231 posts
    • Time Online: 11d 13h 38m 11s
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/aludra.fallen

Dark bribe is better ofc

3 dark bribe for 3 mst seems fine

Posted Image

chaos.knight199

chaos.knight199

#StopTheNewAhriSplash2k14

• Super Moderator
  • 5,797 posts
    • Time Online: 209d 19h 46m 55s
  • Youtube:TheChaosknight199
  • Team:[SABY] Shadows of the Abyss
  • Steam:LoL: PM me

I'd say that you should go for Dark Bribe. Maybe run Forbidden Lances instead of Seven Tools because of the versatility of Lance and because it can handle Spells as well.

Most Helpful Forum Staff Member 2013 - Thanks for all of your support!

Tournament Organizer | Super Moderator | War Adjudicator | In-Game Administrator | Ban Appeal and Abuse Report Handler

niYth70.png

Extra Sigs

"Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light." ~Norman B. Rice

/B/rave Vesperia!!!

/B/rave Vesperia!!!

• 72 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 7h 17m 5s
  • Youtube:www.youtube.com/user/VesperiatheBrave

The worst though is when they Wing Blast a field spell or continuous trap (which they always do)

xwG1DOe.pngJ6yfXtX.png

"We make the future. You trust the path you choose, and create it. These are the threads that weave our future"

My Youtube Channel

Leishoshwanio

Leishoshwanio

Duel Network's Teenage Robot

• Veteran Members
  • 6,299 posts
    • Time Online: 355d 8h 53m 24s
  • Team:Doesn't matter now...

Night Beam does what Seven Tools wants to do faster...well unless your opponent uses a trap asap...but still just saying...

If you are just worried about traps, build off to face traps. "It's that simple". There really isn't much I can say to that.

Like you seem really buggered by a card that requires a discard as a cost being negated to draw after potentially...which isn't really much of a plus...this is a rather personal decision from the sounds of it. I am not much one to play Malefic Drain so blah blah...

Jenny_stamp_1_by_teenagerobotfan777.gif

5KPor.png
CLmPvhS.png

TehThespian

TehThespian

You're my kind of woman

• Veteran Members
  • 1,518 posts
    • Time Online: 69d 20h 53m 16s
  • Facebook:Jose Iglesias (YukiIglesias)
  • Youtube:TehThespian

Normally I don't really like Bribes unless I'm playing a backrow centric deck like Fire Fist. But if you are playing stun, the it seems completely reasonable to run. Still, card advantage is a huge thing this format so I'd be careful with that.

Narcissisticassesinonegif_cc8855_4959077

Vincent210

Vincent210

Starry starry night

• Veteran Members
  • 1,969 posts
    • Time Online: 78d 23h 36m 43s
2/1 ratio should be fine. You fear MST, Trap Stun, Royal Decree, other side deck options, and enemy forbidden lances. Seven Tools is likely to be useful enough to justify, but MST being prevalent means bribes should be the larger quantity.

Dunno what to put here, yet, so I dug up this gem for you to click on. It's good. Read it.

UQ8HPdJ.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.