Xoren_000

Xoren_000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 728 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 16h 14m 47s
  • Team:[DevPro] Order of Tempest

Destiny Zombies

I feel that this deck could be way better. Zombies are outside of my usual comfort zone with Warriors and Dragons but I still want to master them. I don't know if the ratios in this deck work well in a professional sense, I feel they can work better though. Please only suggest cards released in the TCG/OCG. All helpful suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Previous: http://i.imgur.com/Xtt5uyF.png

qgT9vcC.png

--Main--
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning x1
Dark Armed Dragon x1
Caius the Shadow Monarch x2
Destiny HERO - Malicious x3
Zombie Master x3
Dark Grepher x2
Mezuki x2
Mystic Tomato x2
Goblin Zombie x3
Plaguespreader Zombie x2

Krebons x2
Effect Veiler x3

Allure of Darkness x1
Book of Life x3
Destiny Draw x2
Dark Hole x1
Foolish Burial x1
Pot of Duality x3
Mystical Space Typhoon x3
Burial from a Different Dimension x1

Emergency Teleport x2
Torrential Tribute x1
Call of the Haunted x2
Solemn Warning x1

--Extra--
Red Dragon Archfiend x1
Crimson Blader x1
Colossal Fighter x1
Thought Ruler Archfiend x1
Dark End Dragon x1
Stardust Dragon x1
Black Rose Dragon x1
Revived King Ha Des x1
Doomkaiser Dragon x1
Orient Dragon x1

Constellar Ptolemy M7 x1

Gagaga Cowboy x1
Photon Strike Bounzer x1
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn x1

Daigusto Emeral x1
Lavalval Chain x2

--Side--
Maxx "C" x2
Pain Painter x2
D.D. Crow x2
Swift Scarecrow x2

Zombie World x2
Mirror Force x2
Compulsory Evacuation Device x1

Gozen Match x2
Imperial Iron Wall x2

Since no one has really commented on how to make this deck better, I will prompt some comments.

Should I add in one more Zombie Master and over what monster?

Should I remove one Pot of Duality for a Call of the Mummy?

Should I side Ryko, Lightsworn Beast?

Should I run Lyla Lightsworn Priestess and/or Emergency Teleport with Krebons in the main deck?

What changes should I make to make this deck stronger than it is?

All suggestions will be taken with great consideration and appreciation.

Edited by Xoren_000, 06 October 2013 - 02:50 PM.

yugiohduelacademjosh

yugiohduelacademjosh

Veteran Member

• 450 posts
    • Time Online: 17d 19m 15s
  • Youtube:Plute Joshy

The only thing I find a bit off is only 1 Zombie master being played in this. 

Wouldn't it be best running at least 2?

Almost forgot not sure if Orient dragon will be great of use since most decks

runs Xyz more than synchros except for a few particular decks.

Edited by yugiohduelacademjosh, 29 September 2013 - 02:25 PM.

scrzpj.jpg

Xoren_000

Xoren_000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 728 posts

The only thing I find a bit off is only 1 Zombie master being played in this. 

Wouldn't it be best running at least 2?

Almost forgot not sure if Orient dragon will be great of use since most decks

runs Xyz more than synchros except for a few particular decks.

I don't know, Mono-Zombie Master seems to work for now and I have tested with 2 before. With all the coming Synchro cards and Synchro Support in the future, Orient Dragon might be worth playing and it has helped me several times.

yugiohduelacademjosh

yugiohduelacademjosh

Veteran Member

• 450 posts

I don't know, Mono-Zombie Master seems to work for now and I have tested with 2 before. With all the coming Synchro cards and Synchro Support in the future, Orient Dragon might be worth playing and it has helped me several times.

Oh. If you tested two and it didn't work out I guess you made up your mind to run 1. If Orient dragon helps then by all means keep playing it. I was just saying I find it a bit off running it. That is just me though. Well have you ever tried out playing Stardust Radiance? I do have a few xyz in mind if you would like to know a few. For example.

+ Daigusto Emeral

+ No.50 Blackship of corn

+ Gagaga Cowboy

Just minor suggestions if it helps or not.

scrzpj.jpg

Xoren_000

Xoren_000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 728 posts

Oh. If you tested two and it didn't work out I guess you made up your mind to run 1. If Orient dragon helps then by all means keep playing it. I was just saying I find it a bit off running it. That is just me though. Well have you ever tried out playing Stardust Radiance? I do have a few xyz in mind if you would like to know a few. For example.

+ Daigusto Emeral

+ No.50 Blackship of corn

+ Gagaga Cowboy

Just minor suggestions if it helps or not.

Getting a Stardust Radiance Dragon card will be a pain since it's promotional and I missed it. The XyZs you mentioned I have and I will try them out.

yugiohduelacademjosh

yugiohduelacademjosh

Veteran Member

• 450 posts

Getting a Stardust Radiance Dragon card will be a pain since it's promotional and I missed it. The XyZs you mentioned I have and I will try them out.

Oh. This is for your IRL build. I didn't know you left out the most important information. I thought this was just for online dueling. =\ Alright then hope it comes out well. If there anything else let me know if you like.

scrzpj.jpg

Xoren_000

Xoren_000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 728 posts

Oh. This is for your IRL build. I didn't know you left out the most important information. I thought this was just for online dueling. =\ Alright then hope it comes out well. If there anything else let me know if you like.

Well any suggestions for the actual build?

yugiohduelacademjosh

yugiohduelacademjosh

Veteran Member

• 450 posts

Well any suggestions for the actual build?

Probably keeping 2 veilers besides 3. To swap it out for Maxx "C" Just because you get those + draw powers =] While Triple veilers is good and all but why not have at least something to gain more of an upper hand when you need those plus if you have a dead shot hand.

Other Ideas I had in mind are

+ Gorz

+ Forbidden Lance

+ Fiendish Chains

+ Return from Different dimension 

Not sure if these will be a great benefactor for you but just giving out some ideas. =)

I just notice how come your not running Pyramid Turtle?

Pyramid Turtle =/= Mystic Tomato 

Edited by yugiohduelacademjosh, 29 September 2013 - 05:35 PM.

scrzpj.jpg

Xoren_000

Xoren_000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 728 posts

Probably keeping 2 veilers besides 3. To swap it out for Maxx "C" Just because you get those + draw powers =] While Triple veilers is good and all but why not have at least something to gain more of an upper hand when you need those plus if you have a dead shot hand.

Other Ideas I had in mind are

+ Gorz

+ Forbidden Lance

+ Fiendish Chains

+ Return from Different dimension 

Not sure if these will be a great benefactor for you but just giving out some ideas. =)

I just notice how come your not running Pyramid Turtle?

Pyramid Turtle =/= Mystic Tomato 

You're right about Veiler. I have nothing against Pyramid Turtle, but I want to be sort of debonaire and unorthodox plus, Mystic Tomato is the Dark Monster I banish for BLS-EotB. I don't necessarily need RftDD. Now for Lance and Chains, I have no idea what to do to make room for them.

yugiohduelacademjosh

yugiohduelacademjosh

Veteran Member

• 450 posts

You're right about Veiler. I have nothing against Pyramid Turtle, but I want to be sort of debonaire and unorthodox plus, Mystic Tomato is the Dark Monster I banish for BLS-EotB. I don't necessarily need RftDD. Now for Lance and Chains, I have no idea what to do to make room for them.

Glad to help you though. I was mentioning pyramid turtle for Goblin Zombie grab or Zombie master to be drop onto the field faster. It's up to you though. I was just saying if the Mystic tomato not working out try out the pyramid turtles to see which out of those 2 would be a great help for the deck build. Yeah I wasn't sure on the Return from dd. The Lance and chains are so need at least keep those if you have 2 Lance and chains though if not try to see if you can find something similar to them. Even though Lance and chains are expensive as hell though. Lowest for Chains is like 8$? For Lance probably 10 or higher I may be wrong on Lance pricing. Depends on if you want like a whole holo foiled deck.

scrzpj.jpg

Xoren_000

Xoren_000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 728 posts

Glad to help you though. I was mentioning pyramid turtle for Goblin Zombie grab or Zombie master to be drop onto the field faster. It's up to you though. I was just saying if the Mystic tomato not working out try out the pyramid turtles to see which out of those 2 would be a great help for the deck build. Yeah I wasn't sure on the Return from dd. The Lance and chains are so need at least keep those if you have 2 Lance and chains though if not try to see if you can find something similar to them. Even though Lance and chains are expensive as hell though. Lowest for Chains is like 8$? For Lance probably 10 or higher I may be wrong on Lance pricing. Depends on if you want like a whole holo foiled deck.

I've been playing this game for about 6 years competitively and I have more than enough of all the cards I need especially of the staple cards. I've tried Pyramid Turtle in early builds of this deck but I don't know, it feels cliche and I want to try something different.

*bump*

yugiohduelacademjosh

yugiohduelacademjosh

Veteran Member

• 450 posts

I've been playing this game for about 6 years competitively and I have more than enough of all the cards I need especially of the staple cards. I've tried Pyramid Turtle in early builds of this deck but I don't know, it feels cliche and I want to try something different.

*bump*

Ah alright. Most zombies decks I seem use Turtle more than tomatos.

scrzpj.jpg

Xoren_000

Xoren_000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 728 posts

Ah alright. Most zombies decks I seem use Turtle more than tomatos.

Exactly, March 2013 Format made me tired of commonly used cards. XD I want to be as creative as possible without hurting a decks power when I feel like being creative.

*bump*

Palmtop Vampire

Palmtop Vampire

♥ Palmtop Passion ♥

• Veteran Members
  • 1,334 posts
    • Time Online: 33d 6h 52m 59s
  • Team:[KORT] / [PGX]

it looks like a fairly good deck in my opinion to be perfectly honest although I don't know much about chaos or darkness decks except for maybe the basics of course but I think your deck is pretty good and if I were to give it a rating out of 10 with 10 being the best I give your deck 7/10 cause it looks good and is fairly unique ^_^

Nice deck Xor! Congratulations :D

Xoren_000

Xoren_000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 728 posts

it looks like a fairly good deck in my opinion to be perfectly honest although I don't know much about chaos or darkness decks except for maybe the basics of course but I think your deck is pretty good and if I were to give it a rating out of 10 with 10 being the best I give your deck 7/10 cause it looks good and is fairly unique ^_^

Nice deck Xor! Congratulations :D

Thanks. What do you think it can be improved upon?

*bump*

Edited by Xoren_000, 30 September 2013 - 07:35 PM.

Palmtop Vampire

Palmtop Vampire

♥ Palmtop Passion ♥

• Veteran Members
  • 1,334 posts
    • Time Online: 33d 6h 52m 59s
  • Team:[KORT] / [PGX]

Thanks. What do you think it can be improved upon?

*bump*

The only suggestion I can have and it isn't really even all that good but if you wanted you could try to switch out compulsory evacuation device for raigeki break...I've seen it done before although I'm not sure why. However that is just a thought.

Also I didn't see call of the mummy which tends to be a great card in zombie decks.  

Xoren_000

Xoren_000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 728 posts

The only suggestion I can have and it isn't really even all that good but if you wanted you could try to switch out compulsory evacuation device for raigeki break...I've seen it done before although I'm not sure why. However that is just a thought.

Also I didn't see call of the mummy which tends to be a great card in zombie decks.  

It does appear to be a good card but I don't see how I would make use of it well in this deck.

Xoren_000

Xoren_000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 728 posts

Well is anyone going to really help me edit this deck?

Since no one has really commented on how to make this deck better, I will prompt some comments.

Should I run Lyla Lightsworn Priestess and/or Emergency Teleport with Krebons in the main deck?

HummminaHummina

HummminaHummina

• 221 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 20h 24m 34s

Well is anyone going to really help me edit this deck?

*Numbers the questions 1-5*

1. Yes and I would add 2 and 1 goblin zombie instead of both tomatos and 1 grepher.

2. No, Call of the Mummy is deceptively mediocre.

3. No, there are better side cards for zombies (*Wink Wink* Gozen *Wink Wink*)

4. I personally would run the e-tele engine as since yu are running the mali's for it and zombies are nice level 4 fodder it is easy to make work (I could suggest changes for that if you want me to)

5. Switch to the stronger Zombie rank-4 engine (zombie master and friends, besides oni) and get rid of caius as he is too conditional and if you side world he is entirely dead.

Xoren_000

Xoren_000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 728 posts

*Numbers the questions 1-5*

1. Yes and I would add 2 and 1 goblin zombie instead of both tomatos and 1 grepher.

2. No, Call of the Mummy is deceptively mediocre.

3. No, there are better side cards for zombies (*Wink Wink* Gozen *Wink Wink*)

4. I personally would run the e-tele engine as since yu are running the mali's for it and zombies are nice level 4 fodder it is easy to make work (I could suggest changes for that if you want me to)

5. Switch to the stronger Zombie rank-4 engine (zombie master and friends, besides oni) and get rid of caius as he is too conditional and if you side world he is entirely dead.

Now that's the logic I was looking for. Although to the Rank-4 Engine, that would require most of my deck to be outfitted to XyZs as opposed to Synchros tipping off the balance I achieved, unless you have a better way of doing that. What suggestions do you make towards making this deck better? I've already scrapped the Shadow Monarchs but the possibilities are remarkably testing my decision making skills. In response to your answer to Q#4, I don't want to be conventional with making my build into a Tele-DaD build.

HummminaHummina

HummminaHummina

• 221 posts

Now that's the logic I was looking for. Although to the Rank-4 Engine, that would require most of my deck to be outfitted to XyZs as opposed to Synchros tipping off the balance I achieved, unless you have a better way of doing that. What suggestions do you make towards making this deck better? I've already scrapped the Shadow Monarchs but the possibilities are remarkably testing my decision making skills. In response to your answer to Q#4, I don't want to be conventional with making my build into a Tele-DaD build.

Well for Q#4 I rly meant to incorporate it into the zombies because that will gt the full use out of malicious and it is a fairly nice engine for the deck but I understand why you wouldn't want to run it.  And also you don't really need all of those synchros realistically I mean the level 8 synchro toolbox is nice and all but cards like cowboy emeral and utopia (for a light for BLS) can give you more plays than synchro-ing would as well as the fact that mezuki is a very easy card to abuse with master.  I would take out Doomkaiser, Photon Strike Bounzer and Red Nova for 1 each of the aforementioned xyz's.

EDIT: Why no Return from a Diff Dim?

Edited by HummminaHummina, 05 October 2013 - 11:34 PM.

Xoren_000

Xoren_000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 728 posts

Well for Q#4 I rly meant to incorporate it into the zombies because that will gt the full use out of malicious and it is a fairly nice engine for the deck but I understand why you wouldn't want to run it.  And also you don't really need all of those synchros realistically I mean the level 8 synchro toolbox is nice and all but cards like cowboy emeral and utopia (for a light for BLS) can give you more plays than synchro-ing would as well as the fact that mezuki is a very easy card to abuse with master.  I would take out Doomkaiser, Photon Strike Bounzer and Red Nova for 1 each of the aforementioned xyz's.

EDIT: Why no Return from a Diff Dim?

Alright, you make a very strong point. I will possibly try to balance out the Synchro:XyZ monster ratio, so Red Dragon Archfiend (Not Red Nova) will be removed along with Doom Kaiser; Photon Strike Bounzer does come in handy but since I have removed Caius it can't be made easily so its' out. Return from a Different Dimension isn't there because with this deck I've had horrible luck using it and the worse scenario in early testing I faced was a Trap Stun after cost and at the most I only ever banish 3 monsters per duel. Thanks for your ideas.

Any more specific suggestions?

Updated the OP:

qgT9vcC.png

HummminaHummina

HummminaHummina

• 221 posts

The only thing I could think of would be taking out both duality for Armaggedon/Grepher for some easier setup.  Buts asides from that, everything looks good.

densetsu no sannin

densetsu no sannin

Mr. Burnham

• 1,136 posts
    • Time Online: 154d 12h 33m 3s
  • Team:[PGX] Paragon Graphics

Alright, you make a very strong point. I will possibly try to balance out the Synchro:XyZ monster ratio, so Red Dragon Archfiend (Not Red Nova) will be removed along with Doom Kaiser; Photon Strike Bounzer does come in handy but since I have removed Caius it can't be made easily so its' out. Return from a Different Dimension isn't there because with this deck I've had horrible luck using it and the worse scenario in early testing I faced was a Trap Stun after cost and at the most I only ever banish 3 monsters per duel. Thanks for your ideas.

Any more specific suggestions?

Updated the OP:

qgT9vcC.png

Personally, i would recommend Stardust Spark over stardust since he does more for a deck that requires set up like this. I would also drop the utopia and replace it with black ship. Meh, personally, i dont really like this build, but thats my opinion. 3 veiler isn't really needed  imo, you could side one of them and then add a psychic commander to give E-tele more consistency and an extra target. but thats just me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Xoren_000

Xoren_000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 728 posts

Personally, i would recommend Stardust Spark over stardust since he does more for a deck that requires set up like this. I would also drop the utopia and replace it with black ship. Meh, personally, i dont really like this build, but thats my opinion. 3 veiler isn't really needed  imo, you could side one of them and then add a psychic commander to give E-tele more consistency and an extra target. but thats just me.

I didn't even know this got bumped, well since you suggested, I actually see that working, problem with using Stardust Spark, yeah, don't have a copy of the card yet. I agree with -1 Veiler +1 Commander though. Thanks.

The only thing I could think of would be taking out both duality for Armaggedon/Grepher for some easier setup.  Buts asides from that, everything looks good.

So someone prior to your suggestion has told me to scrap armaggedon and grepher which are in the 1st build and replace them. Maybe putting them back would be a decent idea, alright then. I will try this out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.