28 replies to this topic

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 6,116 posts
    • Time Online: 272d 23h 26m 43s
  • Team:Who needs one

Okay, fast food restaurants always kinda get slack for obvious reasons, but one always gets what seems like a very irrational hate compared to other ones, and that is Arby's. I've always thought that arby's was one of the better fast restaurants in my own experiences, yet, whenever someone needs a butt at the end of a fast food joke the first contender is always Arby's it seems. I mean, maybe it's because McDonalds or Burger King are the most famous that they seem too obvious, but I just always see Arby's. I mean, why? I tried looking for other opinions, and all I really found was simpsons making jokes at Arby's expense and maybe that affected public view, but it really seems too strong for just that.

So, am i just an anomaly and missing what everyone else has noticed (then again, I can't stand like any alcohol), or is it just an easy joke?

DbOfRaW.jpg

genexwrecker

genexwrecker

Sailor Scout of ruling knowledge

• Veteran Members
  • 8,612 posts
    • Time Online: 253d 22h 17m 21s

i dont hate it but i do hate redlobster.... that place is terrible my and my gf ordered food it took them over 2 hours to bring it to us and 5 minutes after putting it on our table they said "sorry we are closing" and take our food. WTF

lDfQq7q.png

Never forget Lightning Laxus! Dn Admin 2-20-14 until 7-6-14

ItyCqOB.png

genex_11.png

http://i.imgur.com/VWFSyAI.png I own the account genexwreckersucks it is not some one bashing me its just me hating myself.

EGamerozo

EGamerozo

The Whatever Person

• In-Game Administrator
  • 5,468 posts
    • Time Online: 275d 10h 39m 58s
  • Team:[FOG]
Gemini, maybe people just hate Arby's, I have no opinion on the matter because I've never been to one before.

i dont hate it but i do hate redlobster.... that place is terrible my and my gf ordered food it took them over 2 hours to bring it to us and 5 minutes after putting it on our table they said "sorry we are closing" and take our food. WTF

Dat Red Lobster sucked mate. Thank god that never happens to me when I go.

1u42clU.png

oqOJnAc.png

^Thanks to Zoi for Bar^

|dA Gallery||GFX Showcase|

wolfiejim

wolfiejim

On mad suicide watch no lie

• Veteran Members
  • 4,256 posts
    • Time Online: 296d 20h 20m 43s

IDK why they dont like arbies but i like curly fries and bad Reubens 

Edited by wolfiejim, 10 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

wolfiejim don't take no guff from no one and asks the hard hitting questions.

From one perspective, heterosexuality is limiting yourself of potential sexual/life partners. So, if one defined life only by the amount of pleasure they could endure in it, it could be seen as irrational.From another perspective, you're talking to a god damned wolf.

Also, 3 Soul is the correct number to run. If you were to draw it and you can't combo off, you wouldn't have combo'd off anyways.

VantageSP

VantageSP

Luka Luka★Night Fever

• Administrator
  • 10,128 posts
    • Time Online: 143d 5h 41m 4s
  • Team:AE

The problem with Arby's is the risk factor. You have a bunch of teens cooking roast beef and such. People happen to get food poisoning from Arby's more often than the others AFAIK. I do love me some Arby's though. Those curly fries.... and roast beef sandwhiches.... gawd... I'm hungry now...

Also, as a Simpsons nerd (yes, not just into anime, also a huge simpsons fanatic) I can tell you are referring to a line in the episode "Das Bus", a parody of the novel "Lord of the Flies". In this episode the students are stranded on an island after getting in a bus accident on their way to a field trip. One of the twins stated "I'm so hungry... I could eat at Arby's", in which the other kids responded in aw.

This is the clip. One of the comments on the YT page is this:

a rumor is matt groening got sick their once

I know a lot of people who have gotten food poisoning or just sick at Arby's. Delicious food, but dat risk. That is pretty much the joke and reason why Arby's get so much "guff".

~Luka Luka★Night Fever~

-------------------------------------------

"I will teach you all kinda of things that you'll never learn at school.

Let's open the door to the night together..... Luka Luka Night Fever! "

​-------------------------------------------

ek4kkhq.png

Megurine Luka sig by Releane

bleachisawesome

bleachisawesome

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Veteran Members
  • 4,787 posts
    • Time Online: 262d 11h 37m 2s
  • Team:TLCK

The problem with Arby's is the risk factor. You have a bunch of teens cooking roast beef and such. People happen to get food poisoning from Arby's more often than the others AFAIK. I do love me some Arby's though. Those curly fries.... and roast beef sandwhiches.... gawd... I'm hungry now...

Also, as a Simpsons nerd (yes, not just into anime, also a huge simpsons fanatic) I can tell you are referring to a line in the episode "Das Bus", a parody of the novel "Lord of the Flies". In this episode the students are stranded on an island after getting in a bus accident on their way to a field trip. One of the twins stated "I'm so hungry... I could eat at Arby's", in which the other kids responded in aw.

I know a lot of people who have gotten food poisoning or just sick at Arby's. Delicious food, but dat risk. That is pretty much the joke and reason why Arby's get so much "guff".

oh then that explains it, i had got 2 roost beast sandwichs and fries, i ate one of the sandwichs and fries, but i had came home and wraped the other one up to eat later, and when i ate it later i couldnt stop throwing up was like wot :l
(happened like 3 weeks ago and was trying to figure out why because the first sandwich was ediable)

Edited by bleachisawesome, 10 October 2013 - 09:47 PM.

ziggssig_zps99b3de18.png

props @chaos.knight199 for avi/zig 

bleachisawesome_2_by_zoisitesarugaki-d71

7yy6JV5.gif

clairedestroyer!

clairedestroyer!

VIP☆STAR

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
    • Time Online: 97d 3h 43m 26s

i dont really know why this is anything worth discussing. people have personal preferences and the average one is a dislike of arby's? dear lord someone call the president. our country was built on tasty but incredibly greasy beef sandwiches and goddamn it i will not let our Founding Fathers™ down.

Posted Image

That Popo Don't Care | Dialectics and Catboys | Master of Sass

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 6,116 posts

Really? I've never really heard of that before, let alone experienced it myself. I suppose that is quite likely, but I mean if it was that common I think I would have heard more about it :/

Well just googling "why do people hate arby's" comes up with a few more jokes at their expense, one comment there suggesting maybe it's just a form of advertising.

DbOfRaW.jpg

VantageSP

VantageSP

Luka Luka★Night Fever

• Administrator
  • 10,128 posts

oh then that explains it, i had got 2 roost beast sandwichs and fries, i ate one of the sandwichs and fries, but i had came home and wraped the other one up to eat later, and when i ate it later i couldnt stop throwing up was like wot :l
(happened like 3 weeks ago and was trying to figure out why because the first sandwich was ediable)

That reminds me the night when me and a few of my roommates bought the Zesty Chicken Zinger from KFC, that was ... a terrible night... but damn was that taste worth the night of terror.

~Luka Luka★Night Fever~

ek4kkhq.png

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 6,116 posts

i dont really know why this is anything worth discussing. people have personal preferences and the average one is a dislike of arby's? dear lord someone call the president. our country was built on tasty but incredibly greasy beef sandwiches and goddamn it i will not let our Founding Fathers™ down.

I'm just curious because wouldn't a restaurant that has mostly negative views not be one that is in business still?

DbOfRaW.jpg

clairedestroyer!

clairedestroyer!

VIP☆STAR

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts

youd be surprised. big companies and franchises have so much inertia that it can take years for them to finally collapse. and thats assuming that the colloquial view of arby's even influences most peoples purchasing decisions which isnt even proven.

Posted Image

BroKnee4Life

BroKnee4Life

The One Who will destroy you.

• Veteran Members
  • 717 posts
    • Time Online: 25d 2h 33m 10s

I love arby's.... Melty cheese on delicious roast beef, in between to soft buns.... I wonder if arby's is open this late...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Just Chillen With My Peeps

Posted ImagePosted Image

.. And my croaks

bleachisawesome

bleachisawesome

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Veteran Members
  • 4,787 posts

B8Z4QJm.png

HELP ITS TRYING TO DRAW ME IN AGAIN WITH PROMISES OF FREE CUPONES D:

ziggssig_zps99b3de18.png

7yy6JV5.gif

VantageSP

VantageSP

Luka Luka★Night Fever

• Administrator
  • 10,128 posts

Arby's has been around for a while, heck, my 40 something year old mom used to work there as a teenager. It aint going anywhere anytime soon. Face it, Arby's is delicious. I just wish Canada had 5 for 5, not 4 for 6.... 

~Luka Luka★Night Fever~

ek4kkhq.png

genexwrecker

genexwrecker

Sailor Scout of ruling knowledge

• Veteran Members
  • 8,612 posts
    • Time Online: 253d 22h 17m 21s

how is this any different from Mc donald's and BK?

there are a bunch of teens working there that don't pay attention too

lDfQq7q.png

Never forget Lightning Laxus! Dn Admin 2-20-14 until 7-6-14

ItyCqOB.png

genex_11.png

http://i.imgur.com/VWFSyAI.png I own the account genexwreckersucks it is not some one bashing me its just me hating myself.

clairedestroyer!

clairedestroyer!

VIP☆STAR

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts

Arby's has been around for a while, heck, my 40 something year old mom used to work there as a teenager. It aint going anywhere anytime soon. Face it, Arby's is delicious. I just wish Canada had 5 for 5, not 4 for 6.... 

pretty sure a lot of places here dont even have 5 for 5 anymore. i know the one in this town doesnt, which sucks.

Posted Image

VantageSP

VantageSP

Luka Luka★Night Fever

• Administrator
  • 10,128 posts

how is this any different from Mc donald's and BK?

there are a bunch of teens working there that don't pay attention too

The difference is the type of food they handle. But you're also right, there is still chance for error there. My cousin once got frozen chicken fries at BK once. Just handling Roast Beef vs frozen burgers is slightly different.

Also, people, Wendy's Pretzel Pub chicken.... dang commercials...

pretty sure a lot of places here dont even have 5 for 5 anymore. i know the one in this town doesnt, which sucks.

Ah, they had it last time I got Arby's in the US. Which was like 4-5 summers ago lol. 

~Luka Luka★Night Fever~

ek4kkhq.png

bleachisawesome

bleachisawesome

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Veteran Members
  • 4,787 posts

only thing i know of thats 5 for 5 now is sonic burgers on the weekend O_o

ziggssig_zps99b3de18.png

7yy6JV5.gif

VantageSP

VantageSP

Luka Luka★Night Fever

• Administrator
  • 10,128 posts

Still, Mcdonald's dollar menu in Canada is $1.39 and at BK it's like $1.99 but it's a daily burger thing. Go to America, dollar menu's errywhere.

Anyway, back to arby's. I actually went by one today.... the urge to go there was too strong. It took all my will to not go there and buy myself some amazing food. Arby's is one of the more expensive Fast Food joints though. Mcdonald's and their cheap burgers are just too convenient. 

~Luka Luka★Night Fever~

ek4kkhq.png

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 6,116 posts

You know, I don't think I've ever had a burger at Mcdonalds before (just get nuggets), I just never thought of trying them before, especially when every other place looks better (probably is also because I can't stand anything besides other meats, cheese, Ketchup/BarBQ sauce or onions on my burgers).

DbOfRaW.jpg

Cheyasaurus

Cheyasaurus

magical girl Sayaka Miki

• Super Moderator
  • 5,123 posts
    • Time Online: 162d 16h 57m 30s
  • Team:[EX] The Exile

I've honestly never been to an Arby's because of all the bad things my friends say about it. Their sandwiches look pretty nasty anyways. One of my friends got food poisoning after eating at Arbys :\.

XZ8xD.png

gs___sayaka_attack_1_sprite_sheet_by_kongs___mami_idle_sprite_sheet_by_konbe-d6itumblr_mflltbR8An1rnouuio2_250.gifgs___kyoko_attack_2_sprite_sheet_by_konb

BagelBoi

BagelBoi

the tastiest

• Retired Staff
  • 1,614 posts
    • Time Online: 130d 12h 14m 34s

I've honestly never been to an Arby's because of all the bad things my friends say about it. Their sandwiches look pretty nasty anyways. One of my friends got food poisoning after eating at Arbys :\.

Same here. Never been to Arby's in my life (if I want a burger A&W is my #1 choice)

From all of your negative feedback, I'm definitely never going to Arby's
best_comeback_by_zoisitesarugaki-d73zxxg

DynaBladeX98

DynaBladeX98

• 42 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 9h 40m 41s
  • Team:I work alone

One must take a great risk for such a great delicacy such as Arbys.

Danny_Knight

Danny_Knight

The Scribe

• Veteran Members
  • 1,403 posts
    • Time Online: 53d 17h 54m 5s
  • Team:Free Agent

#VegetarianismFTW

I dunno why ppl even like burgers. Chinese food is the ****.

2usg9cj.jpg

e376066a487111e3836b22000aeb0d60_5.jpg

P5zguhu.jpg?1

^Creds to Bryan Lutra

Shadow Dragon666

Shadow Dragon666

Truth seeking Chronoweaver

• Veteran Members
  • 1,152 posts
    • Time Online: 104d 16h 12m 52s

IT'S GOOD MOOD FOOD!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arbys, Hate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.